+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 89 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

That’s a’ very well RJ min, but we also need to win the league the year after that.

Well, I suppose, first things first, win the league next season and see how it goes.

We can always have a moan about who’s s’hite and who we should be signing next summer.

I see some of the pant pishers on here for the last 8 years have now turned into happy clappers

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I see some of the pant pishers on here for the last 8 years have now turned into happy clappers
    He's literally just started the job ffs.

The stand oot missing link last season, imho, was the lack o' wingers capable of/willing tae get beyond defenders, either by ball control, or usin' their overlaps, and gettin decent crosses intae the opposition box.

I had high hopes for Kennedy - he showed in flashes he was capable ... but nae willing/courageous/confident enough tae mak it a part o' his game - which would hae been a strength.

Much the same could be said o' McLennan .... but Ah reckon McLennan at least tried mair often.

Ah would ditch Kennedy. A guy fa' certainly has the ability tae create, but maks decisions which create only dead ends ... fk that .... mak it some ither club's problem ... soon as.

McLennan? ... Hmmm ...Ah reckon if he can be coached tae nae shyte eez draars everytime he meets a defender on the opposition's 18 yard line, and instead, check his options ... maybe even hae a go at a wee 1 - 2 .... he might find that extra few yards tae get a cross in .... and, if ye think Ah'm spikkin shyte, go check past highlights and ye'll see - given a wee bit o' space and an extra split second ... he can actually deliver a decent baa intae the box.

So, Ah would gie the guy anither year ... but NAE as a RB .... except maybe cover. Drill the guy as a winger, and he might dae OK. Drill him as a RB? ... then he'll never be a winger, and never be a RB we winna be lookin' tae replace at the earliest opp.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Aye Brown is 34
    Brown will be 36 in a couple weeks

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I can’t make up my mind as to what was the worst decision...
    Giving McLennan a 2 year deal, or giving Devlin a “6 month trial” to prove his fitness.
    The Devlin decision for me is the worst by a country mile.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Sarcasm aside, how many “first X1” players do you think we need?
    I say 5:
    Right back
    Left centre back
    No 10
    A left winger
    A centre forward.
    I know others will disagree but I’d honestly be looking to get rid of Lewis and bring in a new first choice keeper. The guy was a bomb scare last season.

Definitely a right back - McCrorie isn’t really comfortable there (I’d play him and Gallagher in the centre though). Ramsay is still unknown - he might make it, he might not, so can’t pin all our hopes on him. McLennan shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting 11 in any position, least of all RB!

Left back - I would rather see Hayes further up the park and the verdict is still out on mcKenzie. Sure he looks okay, but im not sure I’d be happy with him as first choice left back all season if we’re expecting to challenge for trophies.

Winger - doesn’t matter too much which side as they seem to swap around a lot. Assuming Hayes plays left wing, probably a right footed player would be better. Kennedy needs bombed out and McLennan isn’t good enough and mcginn is only good for occasional games or brief appearances now (and probably better in the middle)

Striker - need someone who’ll score at least 15 a season.

So that’s 5 for me. I think hedges is the no10 and I’m more than happy with that. If he is played wide then we need a number 10 instead of a winger.

I’m assuming Ferguson will be gone… so we could potentially also need another CM as I don’t really want ojo or Campbell to be starters - mcgeouch will do but he’s not proven himself yet either really

Gk
    Rb mccrorie Gallagher LB
    Brown
    RW McGeouch Hayes
    Hedges
    ST

At the moment the team is a bit of a shambles and we actually need at least 5/6 starters in and another 2 or 3 quality back ups who are good enough to slot in without weakening the team.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    The Devlin decision for me is the worst by a country mile.
    The question of “would you rather pay devlin not to play, or McLennan to play?”, is actually a mind bogglingly difficult one to answer - both are terrible wastes of money

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The question of “would you rather pay devlin not to play, or McLennan to play?”, is actually a mind bogglingly difficult one to answer - both are terrible wastes of money
    It is as you say a difficult question, for me the McLennon's goal against the huns in the 1/4 final of the cup in 2019 to put the tie to bed is by far and away a bigger and better contribution to the cause that Devlin has ever made and is ever likely to make, so for me It's still McLennan and get Devlin to fk.

Hearing that there could well be a signing today.

Page 89 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139 ... LastLast