+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 128 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I can't argue with any of these sentiments and fully concur. I honestly fear this coming season and am far from being optimistic. Had a couple of long chats with the club making my feelings and thoughts known before i reluctantly renewed aberDNA and season ticket. The club and management will have my full support but I really don't have any optimism for this coming season.
    Good Lad. But really, after a wee bump & groan ,...what else would a Top Don do ??

( Agree we need another CH. MAYBE another winger. MAYBE another Striker. But just depends on what we truly have on the Youth side coming through ?? And we`d never really know that till they ALL get a chance and a decent run. Look at McKenna , he was nowhere near the First Team till thrown in at Motherwell .)

COYR !!!

We do need a couple more but he needs to work out what we already have. He'll maybe move people on and even wait till January. Can't expect him to come in and challenge sevco after a couple of months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We do need a couple more but he needs to work out what we already have. He'll maybe move people on and even wait till January. Can't expect him to come in and challenge sevco after a couple of months.
    He might get more out of certain players in the squad, but the big hope for us has to be the youth. These loons need to know they will get their chance to shine, which some will take.

Whilst I don't think we have a great squad of players, but that is based on what I know we have already and not knowing much about the new signings, the good thing is I don't see anyone else in the league improving their squads either.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    He might get more out of certain players in the squad, but the big hope for us has to be the youth. These loons need to know they will get their chance to shine, which some will take.

Whilst I don't think we have a great squad of players, but that is based on what I know we have already and not knowing much about the new signings, the good thing is I don't see anyone else in the league improving their squads either.
    The teams around us have hardly signed anyone.

It does have to be about the youth. We can't keep signing journeymen and injury prone players over and over on decent wages and getting both back for it.

The teams around us have hardly signed anyone.
    Yep. Nearly everyone in the SPFL is skint. We also have wage deferrals agreed by the players, and a big wedge due to Hayes to factor in.

Contracts tend to expire on 30 June (ie yesterday). There may be players around, from clubs and leagues above our own, worth looking at who will have be out of contract now, and perhaps within our wage budget, but I don’t know if Glass has wheeling and dealing experience or capabilities.

I still think we’ll sell Ferguson nearer the deadline, and if that do$h isn’t absorbed by our debts as above, and others, there may be a bit of deadline day hustling, although if that’s the end of August, it may be too late for us to make much progress in whatever the **** European competition we’re in.

He must have worked out by now that we have next to no pace in the team.

At the moment we have two 34 year olds,Kennedy and McLennan as our wingers.

I guess Hedges can play there as well but he’s not the quickest either.

Talking of no pace I see Tommie Hoban is away to Crewe

I think we are short of a centre half, an attacking midfielder (could be Jenks though) and a back-up striker.

Some of our existing squad (Kennedy/McRorie/Devlin) may, just may get a new lease of life. They are actually decent players.

Hedges needs to stay fit, plus we need him to sign an extension.

The big thing this season will be goals. On paper, JET & Ramirez should be okay for goals in the SPL, but paper means bugger all.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He must have worked out by now that we have next to no pace in the team.

At the moment we have two 34 year olds,Kennedy and McLennan as our wingers.

I guess Hedges can play there as well but he’s not the quickest either.
    Unfortunately the old boss made sure they are still under contract. We can't keep getting rid of players and signing new ones at the same time.

Glass is onto a hiding to nothing.

Squad size is OK, nae sure on the balance or quality. Would swap out Ojo & Campbell for a left-back and winger & upgrade Devlin and McLennan or Kennedy. Assuming we're going with a 4-4-1-1 with Hedges/McGinn playing behind the striker.

Page 128 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast