+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

I see Hibs signed the boy Mackay from Caley,thats the kind of signing we should be looking at.
    Much the same as Nesbitt last season,they took a chance on him and it paid off and also Martin Boyle,he's a Dons fan by all accounts,they sign players with pace up front,something we lack

I think we need 3 new striking options and a couple of wingers too. As others have said, it’s great to see us piling more players forward and into the box but if we never put the ball into the box we’re wasting our time. We’ve hardly put in a decent cross all season. McGinn has good delivery but no pace anymore. Hayes crossing is diabolical for someone who’s been a professional footballer for about 15 years. Kennedy is the worst of the lot, he’s actually scared to even try crossing the ball. Hedges usually opts to cut inside rather than cross.

I think the above players (except hedges) have all been playing in this league too long as well - they’re predictable and other teams know how to defend against them. Need one or two new players from outwith this league to spice things up.

Clark Robertson has been offered a deal. I hope he is a replacement for Considine.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Clark Robertson has been offered a deal. I hope he is a replacement for Considine.
    Quite likely.

And that shiuldn't be the end of it. Next thing is identify the replacement for Robertson in next window. Or have a couple of Youth players to bring on in that position. AND to give those youngsters a few run outs for the big team. Which I can see Glass doing ?

Hibs have been hoovering up the emerging talent in Scotland in recent seasons. Jack Ross has been good at that.

We need ro get back to doing that. Fair play Deek did get the money to sign McLean etc. But we haven't been following up with other signings . Only free transfers for older players with acl histories .

This boy at Raith looks ro be an ideal bet ?

And the Irish winger at St Mirren .........whi else ??

(We may start finding out next week or two !! )

Hmmm. One in four ish. . How god a team were BC. though ?

Adam Rooney didnt score too many at Birmingham did he ? ( I don't know )

The boy JET ( Whoo oo oo oo ooh ooh ). Can certainly hit a clean strike. And others have said he rumbled up the cheeks defenders. ( Against us he was getting into great postions , can play a pass and take one , and scored a couple of good goals..But jings he fair crumpled over his own feet for that " penalty")

Nah. I'd have him here. Improvement on what we currently have. Lot more mobile than big Sam was.

It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Or that we need more backup because we will be playing with two? Who knows but you and I certainly don't and you can't tell from signing Jet.
    I hope you are right aldo but Glass has already said he is not looking to sign squad fillers he is only looking to sign quality players.

Clark Robertson and JET aren’t a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I hope you are right aldo but Glass has already said he is not looking to sign squad fillers he is only looking to sign quality players.

Brown and Gallagher appeared to be a good start, but to go from that to Jet and Clark fkn Robertson is like overnight going from the sublime to the ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

He's not likely to say he's going to sign squad fillers though. Plus he might end up being **** hot.

IF Thomas signs , then at least it gives us a presence , someone who can hold ball up and a decent touch . We ain't had that this season .
    Robertson, I been talking to my grandsons father, lives in Blackpool ,said Robertson did well for them in Championship.
    Prepared to give them benefit of doubt IF sign .
    Still think we will see maybe two soccer ball players from our " partner club" coming on loan.

IF it is true that Glass wants Hernandez back , wouldn't be surprised if see Ramsay go to our " partner club" second team for season for experience same as MacKenzie was meant to.

Page 44 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast