+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Absolutely
    let’s go for 1st

Let others battle it out for bloody third.

Just as a matter of ( very little) interest,did the hun not receive any £25 million offers for any of their world class players?

Shame.
    I also see that McGrath is still at Smurren. Despite a " last minute " bid from the Hivees ?

Absolutely
    let’s go for 1st

Let others battle it out for bloody third.

Just as a matter of ( very little) interest,did the hun not receive any £25 million offers for any of their world class players?

Shame.
    I think you deserve the credit/blame for them not selling Morelos/Kent etc as clearly all football clubs have adopted the principle of never EVER deal with the hun

Quite right too.

I’m hoping that they were counting on the money.

Quite right too.

I’m hoping that they were counting on the money.
    Exactly - they must be heading for a stonking big loss again this year, no idea how many more years Douglas Park etc are prepared to throw money into the black hole

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Exactly - they must be heading for a stonking big loss again this year, no idea how many more years Douglas Park etc are prepared to throw money into the black hole
    Dirty Ella from Govan?

Is the hole that black though? They are getting huge crowds every game. That'll do more than keep the lights on.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Is the hole that black though? They are getting huge crowds every game. That'll do more than keep the lights on.
    Their most recent accounts (for season 19/20) they lost £16 Million in a season that they had maximum season ticket sales (only a marginal impact from covid on missing out on corporate sales in final two months of season) and also in a season they earned £21 Million from their Europa League run. Since then they only seem to have increased their squad size and cost so can't see anything other than a loss of between £10 Million and £20 Million this season as well depending on how far they get in Europe. That is all being covered by money being pumped in by shareholders.

I would say the hole is very black. They will keep the lights on as long as the shareholders are happy to p1ss away their personal wealth.

Their most recent accounts (for season 19/20) they lost £16 Million in a season that they had maximum season ticket sales (only a marginal impact from covid on missing out on corporate sales in final two months of season) and also in a season they earned £21 Million from their Europa League run. Since then they only seem to have increased their squad size and cost so can't see anything other than a loss of between £10 Million and £20 Million this season as well depending on how far they get in Europe. That is all being covered by money being pumped in by shareholders.

I would say the hole is very black. They will keep the lights on as long as the shareholders are happy to p1ss away their personal wealth.
    It's direct access to the super duper champions mega league next season so they'd be crazy to let Celtic back in and win the league.

Assuming we don't of course...

Thought I'd take a look at the squad and attempt some kind of sorting into who will play where and what it looks like. I've probably messed some of it up a bit (and who knows where Ross McCrorie is planned to play) but nonetheless you get a picture. My sense is:
    1) It's a big squad - on the whole plenty of cover. We ought to be able to cope with injuries in general
    2) It's still overloaded in midfield, particularly with central midfielders
    3) We're a little light at fullback, though with Hayes, McCrorie and Campbell we've got (imperfect) cover
    4) We definitely lack quality creative MF types, unless Longstaff turns out to be good in there, but even then

GK
    Joe Lewis
    Gary Woods

CB
    Declan Gallagher
    David Bates
    (Ross McCrorie)
    Andrew Considine
    Michael Devlin

FB
    Calvin Ramsay
    Jack MacKenzie
    Jack Gurr
    (Ross McCrorie)
    (Jonny Hayes)
    Kieran Ngwenya

DM
    Scott Brown
    Dylan McGeouch
    Dean Campbell

CM
    Lewis Ferguson
    Matty Longstaff
    Teddy Jenks
    (Ross McCrorie)

AM
    Ryan Hedges
    Funso Ojo (still seems bizarre, but that appears to be his new role)
    Jonny Hayes
    Niall McGinn
    Connor McLennan
    Matty Kennedy
    Ryan Duncan

FW

Christian Ramirez
    Marley Watkins (though may play more as a MF?)
    Austin Samuels
    Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
    Michael Ruth

Total: 29
    Last edited by Don Julio; 02-09-2021 at 05:12 PM.

Squad looks good , I would have liked another left sided defender and another right sided winger

Page 164 of 164 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164