+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Scott Brown being his first signing for next season and obviously brought in as a coach. Declan Gallagher could very well be next.

I don’t suppose there’s any chance of getting Dominic Ball is there?

Does he work 2 windows ahead?

So, we need......

In defence:-
    A sub goalie, a right back, and two centre halves.
    Probably get away with McKenzie, Hayes and Consi at left back.
    Hoban and Gallagher to come in, which leaves Consi and McCrorie as cover. Ramsay maybe.
    Can surely source a decent low cost right back from the continent of Europe? Gary Woods to return on loan as goalie cover?

Surely covered in defensive midfield.

In attack, try and get Hedges signed up on an extended contract, otherwise punt him. If so, need a right winger, a number ten and two strikers.

So in summary, a sub goalie, 2 centre halves, a right back, a right winger, a playmaker (maybe) and two strikers.

Over to you, Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Does he work 2 windows ahead?
    Was going to something similar Jup, poor Stephen is already at a disadvantage as he has not had the chance to work two windows ahead.

As for summer window I do think we will see thumb coming in and I would not be against that as long as he can leave his extra baggage in weegie land, and on the striker front I can also finally see Bruce Anderson getting a chance.

I dont see the lad Gallagher being much of an upgrade on what we already have here.

A lot will depend on what formation Glass decides to play.

As far as GK goes - I don't want us to sign a "sub goalie" - I want us to get someone in who's actually going to challenge Lewis a bit as he's been pretty complacent at times - particularly since he was stupidly given the captaincy, he seems to just take his place in the team for granted.

If we could get Stephen O'Donnell in at RB I'd take him.

If we could get Declan Gallagher in at CB I'd probably take him.

The left winger boy at St Mirren, Ilkay Durmas is out of contract (I think) - I've always thought he carried more attacking threat than most of our attacking players, so might be worth a look.

If we could get Leigh Griffiths up front I'd take him.

The boy Devante Cole at Motherwell is also out of contract I think - he's got a lot of pace and banged in a few goals for a pretty poor team this season.

Those are just a few names from the list of out of contract players in Scotland I found online - hopefully we'll be looking a bit wider than that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    So, we need......

In defence:-
    A sub goalie, a right back, and two centre halves.
    Probably get away with McKenzie, Hayes and Consi at left back.
    Hoban and Gallagher to come in, which leaves Consi and McCrorie as cover. Ramsay maybe.
    Can surely source a decent low cost right back from the continent of Europe? Gary Woods to return on loan as goalie cover?

Surely covered in defensive midfield.

In attack, try and get Hedges signed up on an extended contract, otherwise punt him. If so, need a right winger, a number ten and two strikers.

So in summary, a sub goalie, 2 centre halves, a right back, a right winger, a playmaker (maybe) and two strikers.

Over to you, Stephen
    Agree with most of that.
    Glass is apparently a 4 at the back man.
    Ramsay & MacKenzie will probably be back up full backs? MacKenzie may be first pick left back.
    So we need 1 RB & 1 LB
    Ideally re-sign Hoban, and sign 2 others (McCrorie could be used as a centre half next season).

The “2” midfielders on a 4-2-3-1... we’ve plenty there.
    We need at least 1 winger.

We need 3 strikers (assuming Anderson goes)

So:
    Reserve keeper, RB, LB, CB x2 (if Hoban re-signs), 1 winger & maybe 3 strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

As far as GK goes - I don't want us to sign a "sub goalie" - I want us to get someone in who's actually going to challenge Lewis a bit as he's been pretty complacent at times - particularly since he was stupidly given the captaincy, he seems to just take his place in the team for granted.

The left winger boy at St Mirren, Ilkay Durmas is out of contract (I think) - I've always thought he carried more attacking threat than most of our attacking players, so might be worth a look.

The boy Devante Cole at Motherwell is also out of contract I think - he's got a lot of pace and banged in a few goals for a pretty poor team this season.

Those are just a few names from the list of out of contract players in Scotland I found online - hopefully we'll be looking a bit wider than that though.
    You’re basing your Griffiths view on 18 months & 2 stone ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

No offence DC, but I’m glad you’re not taking Russ Richardson’s job

Shirley there will be a few from the Americas?

Page 1 of 164 1231151101 ... LastLast