+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 164 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

He has been horrendous

Personally i'd twist on all of taylor, devlin and hoban. fresh blood required

Of all the defenders I think Devlin is the most obvious one to punt, the boy hasn’t been seen since about 2018!

Looks like Taylor will be off as he’s not been featuring. Unsure about Hoban - looks great on his day but recently has been a bit more shakey. Considine will still be here but hopefully more as back up.

I think we have far too many defensive midfielders so I could see McCrorie playing CB to bring some pace to the back line.

I honestly don’t think McCrorie is strong enough in the air to be a central defender. He is a player who can fill in quite a few positions on the pitch but not outstanding in any of these. A lot of work to be done with the lad to up the standards we need to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    He has been horrendous
    He hasn’t been horrendous, he has just dropped down to Taylor’s and Considines level for the last while.

I don't think he's been horrendous either, but his standards have definitely dropped. I'd still offer him a new contract and try to keep him, and bring in someone better (and quicker) for him to play alongside.

Couldn't help but think that Shay playing at right back yesterday would have made for a stronger set up. If he's going, then we definitely need a new right back from somewhere.

I'd have McCrorie in the midfield and can see the argument for letting Ferguson go, although just typing that seems odd. We'd have to get a fair fee for him. All depends what future we see for Campbell, McGeough (who I have a lot of time for) and Virtanen.

C’mon lads
    Stop behaving as if McIness was still manager.
    We don’t shoe horn average players into positions they aren’t good enough at just because we keep signing clones.

If we are offered mega money for Ferguson then fair enough, let him go.
    But if he’s the best we’ve got then keep him and get rid of some of the others.
    As for McGeough, he can’t even get a game for a s’hite team.
    If that’s been McIness’s fault then fair enough but otherwise get rid.

Hopefully we have a manager who will demand the best, the best will probably only come by promoting our own players but until then we can do better than shuffling mediocraty around.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I don't think he's been horrendous either, but his standards have definitely dropped. I'd still offer him a new contract and try to keep him, and bring in someone better (and quicker) for him to play alongside.

Couldn't help but think that Shay playing at right back yesterday would have made for a stronger set up. If he's going, then we definitely need a new right back from somewhere.

I'd have McCrorie in the midfield and can see the argument for letting Ferguson go, although just typing that seems odd. We'd have to get a fair fee for him. All depends what future we see for Campbell, McGeough (who I have a lot of time for) and Virtanen.
    You are also forgetting Brown who I reckon will be playing more times than not.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Brown is made captain.

I hope not.

It doesn't matter if he's officially captain. He'll be calling the shots on the park. He's player/coach as well.

It's the ideal solution. That way you don't demoralise and embarrass Lewis.

Page 15 of 164 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast