+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    If we are going to sign JET and people don’t think he will be our main striker I presume we have accepted that we will be playing with one striker again next season?

I thought Cormack and Glass promised us attacking entertaining football next season?

Maybe we should try playing with 2 strikers and we might be more entertaining to watch.
    If you’re going to have 3 strikers on the books you need a main man, a big man and a wee quick man to give a bit of variety and flexibility. So if JET is the big man that’s fine. In addition to those 3 you might also have a utility man who can play in behind or out wide.

We all want a team of 11 international superstars but it’s not going to happen. It’s a rebuilding process, and it’ll be a lot of new players in but probably looking at a few real quality players amongst them and then hopefully add another one or two real quality players each window. Anything better than that and I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Right, can we stop calling Thomas "JET".
    It is fu ck ing wa nky beyond belief.
    Also, the guy scored 24 goals in 82 appearances for Bristol City 2013-2015.
    High watermark by a million miles.
    Didn't we learn our lesson with Curtis Main?

Remember, oh long long time ago, what.....two seasons ......... when Louis Moult was our saviour and just HAD to be our main target?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If you’re going to have 3 strikers on the books you need a main man, a big man and a wee quick man to give a bit of variety and flexibility. So if JET is the big man that’s fine. In addition to those 3 you might also have a utility man who can play in behind or out wide.

We all want a team of 11 international superstars but it’s not going to happen. It’s a rebuilding process, and it’ll be a lot of new players in but probably looking at a few real quality players amongst them and then hopefully add another one or two real quality players each window. Anything better than that and I’ll be pleasantly surprised.
    What’s the main man got to be then?

Big or wee and quick?

Depends on style , fitba or hoofba.

In all seriousness I don’t think we need to have a main man,a big man and a wee quick man.

As much as I hate comparing us to other teams Hibs don’t have a big striker, they just have 3 really good forwards that they play most weeks, I couldn’t even tell you who their back up strikers are.

Maybe we should just try getting some good forwards instead of worrying about the size of them.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    To be fair, the loon does have it on the back of his shirt. Going to be hard to avoid, given the mouthful that is "Jay Emmanuel Thomas".

Maybe a secondary reason to pass on signing him!

If we are going to sign JET and people don’t think he will be our main striker I presume we have accepted that we will be playing with one striker again next season?

I thought Cormack and Glass promised us attacking entertaining football next season?

Maybe we should try playing with 2 strikers and we might be more entertaining to watch.
    Or that we need more backup because we will be playing with two? Who knows but you and I certainly don't and you can't tell from signing Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Also, the guy scored 24 goals in 82 appearances for Bristol City 2013-2015.
    High watermark by a million miles.
    Didn't we learn our lesson with Curtis Main?

Remember, oh long long time ago, what.....two seasons ......... when Louis Moult was our saviour and just HAD to be our main target?
    You’re only saying that because you’re a Giants fan.

Mon the JET!

Canna get Alan partridge doing that tune Jet in his hotel room, oot ma heid!

In all seriousness I don’t think we need to have a main man,a big man and a wee quick man.

As much as I hate comparing us to other teams Hibs don’t have a big striker, they just have 3 really good forwards that they play most weeks, I couldn’t even tell you who their back up are.

I’m not disagreeing with your post but McInnes wanted Doidge to replace Rooney. He was initially very underwhelming at Hibs. In a very similar vain to Big Sam was for us, although Doidge had a better pedigree.

The service from our wide men/creative players has been as bad as I can remember this season. I think we need to look at more than just the strikers.

Hopefully Glass and Russell have something up their sleeves but it appears we really need a new front five or six.
    Last edited by VapourTrail; 15-05-2021 at 12:19 AM.

Page 43 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast