+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 46 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Deluded if you think theres going to be a big clear out 🙈. 6 at most will be away! The 3 loan strikers & logan Taylor and Mcginn ! Thats yer lot ! Accept it! Cormacks a Money laundering con artist
    Be more than that , Hoban ,Leigh, possibly / hopefully Ojo, possibly Anderson
    Add to that whoever Glass deems not wanted and can get off books.

Ash Taylor set for shock Aberdeen exit as Stephen Glass wields the axe in Pittodrie shake-up

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...rdeen-24117839

The 30-year-old was first at Aberdeen from 2014 to 2017 and then returned for a successful two year stint from 2019.

The MSM really do print a load of half-baked shyte.

It's almost as though they take no notice of any team outside the cheeks...

I still think we should be looking at young Scottish talent going ahead. Eg Anthony Ralston. Forgotten young right back who burst on the scene with Celtic but hasn't featured much this season. He's 22 with a year left on his contract. He can also play right midfield so I'm sure he could do the high wing back role that Glass seems to want to play.
    Last edited by LED; 16-05-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    I still think we should be looking at young Scottish talent going ahead. Eg Anthony Ralston. Forgotten young right back who burst on the scene with Celtic but hasn't featured much this season. He's 22 with a year left on his contract. He can also play right midfield so I'm sure he could do the high wing back role that Glass seems to want to play.
    Maybe we will. Seems to be a lot of pant pishing. So far we've signed two players, one being the ex Scotland captain and the other the Scotland centre half. That's not bad.

Jet comes into a team with absolutely no strikers.

Robertson would come into a defence with Taylor and Hoban leaving.

I'd be hopeful that we will sign better players than those two. Season is only just over.

Motherwell must be in the huff, Gallagher dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Martindale reckons he has a “gentleman’s agreement “ with JET that if he moves to another club in Scotland then Livingston will be due a fee.

I’m sure Martindale has had his fair share of gentleman’s agreements in his previous occupation but I would presume if the boy is out of contract we would get him for free?
    Is the gentleman's agreement not usually ' here sign an extension and we'll accept the first offer that comes in so to try to get the club some money?

Can't see how it works if the player is available on a free unless he's donating his signing on fee.

Which would be very nice of him, but bugger all to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Maybe we will. Seems to be a lot of pant pishing. So far we've signed two players, one being the ex Scotland captain and the other the Scotland centre half. That's not bad.

Jet comes into a team with absolutely no strikers.

Robertson would come into a defence with Taylor and Hoban leaving.

I'd be hopeful that we will sign better players than those two. Season is only just over.
    Yep, agree Aldo.

JET is an upgrade on what we have just now - i.e. nothing - but from what I've seen he's better than Kamberi, Hornsby and Hendry. He's certainly better than Curtis fuuckin Main. As long as he's not the main first choice striker, could be a useful squad member.

I was not a fan of Clark Robertson first time round, but he's had a good few years playing at a better standard than up here so I'm willing to give him a go. I'm sure he's better than Taylor, Considine, Devlin and Hoban (last 6 months) so he's almost certainly gonna be an upgrade on what we have.

Taylor has actually been one of the better performers this year - hence its no coincidence we've been shyte - but he can't play football so he'll be absolutely no use for Glass' preferred playing it out from the back approach - he had to go so I'm glad to see he is offski. Nothing against him, always gave 100% and as I say was not one of the main culprits for this years shytebaggery - though the injuries were no use to us.

Nice touch saying its cause we cant afford him, better than the truth which is he's not a football player.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with what I've seen so far.

Brown - absolute winner mentality we desperately need.

Gallacher - Scotland centre half and a big upgrade on anything we have just now.

The 2 referenced above for reasons given - if they sign.

I'm disappointed at the Devlin move, even for only 6 months. Waste of a wage frankly.

Based on that record article, McGinn - hmmm - as long as its vastly reduced terms maybe, but I think he's pretty much done.

Anderson - I'm willing to give him a year in Glass' system. McInnes never played a style that was ever going to remotely suit Anderson so we can't judge him on that. He's not really set the heather alight at Hamilton to be fair, so personally I don't think he'll make it with us, but I can understand giving him one more year. He's certainly worth it far more than McLennan is.

Its still early days, but promising early signs - long way to go though, but there is absolutely no need for any dramatic pant pishing at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Yep, agree Aldo.

JET is an upgrade on what we have just now - i.e. nothing - but from what I've seen he's better than Kamberi, Hornsby and Hendry. He's certainly better than Curtis fuuckin Main. As long as he's not the main first choice striker, could be a useful squad member.

I was not a fan of Clark Robertson first time round, but he's had a good few years playing at a better standard than up here so I'm willing to give him a go. I'm sure he's better than Taylor, Considine, Devlin and Hoban (last 6 months) so he's almost certainly gonna be an upgrade on what we have.

Taylor has actually been one of the better performers this year - hence its no coincidence we've been shyte - but he can't play football so he'll be absolutely no use for Glass' preferred playing it out from the back approach - he had to go so I'm glad to see he is offski. Nothing against him, always gave 100% and as I say was not one of the main culprits for this years shytebaggery - though the injuries were no use to us.

Nice touch saying its cause we cant afford him, better than the truth which is he's not a football player.

Overall, I'm reasonably happy with what I've seen so far.

Brown - absolute winner mentality we desperately need.

Gallacher - Scotland centre half and a big upgrade on anything we have just now.

The 2 referenced above for reasons given - if they sign.

I'm disappointed at the Devlin move, even for only 6 months. Waste of a wage frankly.

Based on that record article, McGinn - hmmm - as long as its vastly reduced terms maybe, but I think he's pretty much done.

Anderson - I'm willing to give him a year in Glass' system. McInnes never played a style that was ever going to remotely suit Anderson so we can't judge him on that. He's not really set the heather alight at Hamilton to be fair, so personally I don't think he'll make it with us, but I can understand giving him one more year. He's certainly worth it far more than McLennan is.

Its still early days, but promising early signs - long way to go though, but there is absolutely no need for any dramatic pant pishing at this stage.
    Anderson scored two goals in two games for Accies, but no goals in the last 10.
    He’s not good enough.
    All of the players who are at the end of their contracts should be let go.
    The more that are retained, the less scope we have to make changes.

Yep, personally I'd let them all go too - and a good few still under contract if we could shift them - but if any are to be retained, McGinn and Anderson would be lesser crimes than some of the others would be...

Page 46 of 164 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast