+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 66 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    It seems to be they are hinting at changing the make up of the squad so that perhaps.

2 x Atlanta on £0/pw
    5 x Youth on £600/pw

means if you go with 25 man squad as we did this season then our budget is stretching much further for the other 18 players. They've obviously hinted this approach might help us afford a star striker.

Let's see how it pans out.
    Aye that’s the impression I’m getting that we’re willing to spend big ( for us ) on a proven goal scorer.

I hope it’s not Griffiths though , I just have a bad feeling that could be a very expensive disaster .....

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye that’s the impression I’m getting that we’re willing to spend big ( for us ) on a proven goal scorer.

I hope it’s not Griffiths though , I just have a bad feeling that could be a very expensive disaster .....
    They've put themselves under pressure with their traffic light story of measuring minutes played vs wages.

It's easier said than done to get it right and if we break the wage structure then those players must deliver

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    It seems to be they are hinting at changing the make up of the squad so that perhaps.

2 x Atlanta on £0/pw
    5 x Youth on £600/pw

means if you go with 25 man squad as we did this season then our budget is stretching much further for the other 18 players. They've obviously hinted this approach might help us afford a star striker.

Let's see how it pans out.
    The other exercise Cormack spoke about was working out how much value for money we were getting out of players and he said we had too many of our highest wage earners not playing enough minutes for one reason or another. I guess guys like McGinn, devlin, mcgeouch will be amongst our top wages and they’ve hardly played

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The other exercise Cormack spoke about was working out how much value for money we were getting out of players and he said we had too many of our highest wage earners not playing enough minutes for one reason or another. I guess guys like McGinn, devlin, mcgeouch will be amongst our top wages and they’ve hardly played
    Yea the traffic light story. All very good in hindsight and maybe it helps justify not carrying so many 'senior' players but the proof is in the pudding. Slag off the Wilson, Gleeson and Forrester season all you like but it's easier said than done for us to sign a star striker and star winger and get 45 games out of each of them.

If we sign a player from spfl he is likely to be fine but any signing from outwith the league will always be a risk
    Last edited by D31; 21-05-2021 at 06:33 PM.

I think the traffic light story is great sitting in an office looking at stats but unfortunately you don’t always get a chance to mess around with those sorts of resources in real time when you are trying to sign a player .

I think Griffiths would be a red light in all honesty , he’s going to be arguably the biggest earner in the squad and he’s got issues that obviously haven’t been dealt with hence his minimal contribution to Celtic last season.

I’m all for trying to get more value out of our budget , more minutes out of top earners etc but so far we’ve signed a fair few 30 somethings and I’m not sure that is going to tie in well with this ethos ....time will tell.

Good to hear the plans though !

It’ll be up to Brown whether he thinks Griffiths is completely off his head or worth a chance.

Let’s face it, on form, he could just about equal our entire goals for column this season on his own.

That’s got to be worth a chance, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It’ll be up to Brown whether he thinks Griffiths is completely off his head or worth a chance.

Let’s face it, on form, he could just about equal our entire goals for column this season on his own.

That’s got to be worth a chance, surely.
    He's been **** this season to be fair. On form he's the best in the country. I can't see him regaining that form now. I did when it was first discussed but he's done nothing for them since he's come back.

You're right though, Brown will know better than anyone. So if he was to come then I guess we should all feel he's worth a shot.

The puddle drinking yahoos in work reckon Griffiths owes Brown a hefty wedge of cash. Good chance that’s shyte though, as they talk shyte on every other subject

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The puddle drinking yahoos in work reckon Griffiths owes Brown a hefty wedge of cash. Good chance that’s shyte though, as they talk shyte on every other subject
    Heard similar. Also that he owes some big time nedster a 6 figure sum.

This traffic light thing would be going off the scale red if it was applied to the thumb.

I honestly think he’d be a disaster here. No arguing at his best he’s the best striker in the country- but he’s been nowhere near for 2-3 years. If he can’t be arsed trying a leg for Timothy going for 10IAR, why the fuuck would he bother his arse here? Nah, avoid like the plague.

Just wish he’d been like this in that Deila season where he was scoring for fun. Wee prick did more than anyone (well, apart fae Milne obviously) to scupper our hopes that year

As for the others mentioned earlier, you didn’t need a fuuckin traffic light system to know permacrocks like Devlin & McGeouch would spend little time on the park - a cursory review of their career histories would have told you that.

Maybe try applying this process to
    Players before we fuuckin sign them then eh AFC - just a thought...

Page 66 of 164 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast