+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 107 of 164 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1640

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Greg Stewart. The life of a footballer.

If he'd chosen us over the huns we'd have happily gave him 4k or 5k per week. If he'd been really playing well at the optimum time (eg before covid and a whiley after he signed) he'd probably have got an extension on £5k to £6k per week.

I think he'll now be looking at £1k to £1.5k per week at one of the bottom six teams.

Will he really have made more money at the end of his career. One year at Dundee, for example, in a poor team as a squad player and suddenly he's in the Championship next season on £800 per week.

If he was on £10k per week at the Huns fair enough but I very much doubt he was.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post

If he'd chosen us over the huns we'd have happily gave him 4k or 5k per week. If he'd been really playing well at the optimum time (eg before covid and a whiley after he signed) he'd probably have got an extension on £5k to £6k per week.

I think he'll now be looking at £1k to £1.5k per week at one of the bottom six teams.

Will he really have made more money at the end of his career. One year at Dundee, for example, in a poor team as a squad player and suddenly he's in the Championship next season on £800 per week.

If he was on £10k per week at the Huns fair enough but I very much doubt he was.
    He's a hardcore Hun from Fallin. He'd have signed for them for buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post

If he'd picked us we'd have happily wasted £4k a week on him you mean. He'd have sat his fat backside on our bench for his entire contract. Instead he went to Rangers and they wasted probably £5-6k a week on him sitting his fat backside on their bench. So overall I'm delighted he chose them. Slowest footballer i've ever seen. He'll go to Dundee / St Mirren / Motherwell type team or maybe even drop down a division to Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If he'd picked us we'd have happily wasted £4k a week on him you mean. He'd have sat his fat backside on our bench for his entire contract. Instead he went to Rangers and they wasted probably £5-6k a week on him sitting his fat backside on their bench. So overall I'm delighted he chose them. Slowest footballer i've ever seen. He'll go to Dundee / St Mirren / Motherwell type team or maybe even drop down a division to Killie.
    Greg Stewart - entered the professional game late at 20 at Cowdenbeath, few years there and onto Dundee, couple very good years there…..and then what?

Wasted a year at Brum. Wasted another year here. Good 6 months at Killie, wasted another 6 months here. Onto Sevco and another wasted 2 years (or was it 3?)

31. Will be minted but probably only ever had 2.5 years at a decent level. Waster.

Name:  FB_IMG_1623243793547.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  74.3 KB

New kit for all the new players.

Classy looking top.

Weird seeing Brown in a red shirt, but by God I reckon he’ll boss some of our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Weird seeing Brown in a red shirt, but by God I reckon he’ll boss some of our opponents.
    We are needing a stronger captain/leader on the pitch. I am looking forward to the new season. Ramirez coming in will give us something different and hopefully a bit excitement. Another 2 or 3 signings and things will start taking shape a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Far be it from me to defend RJ who has been indulging in some Olympic standard attention seeking recently - but it wasn’t him who had a pop at MSM a while back which resulted in a self imposed exile from the “insider”.

Canna mind who it was, but it wisna RJ.

That said, a little more grown up posting and a lot less childish attention seeking would go a long way RJ min - give it a try.

As for MSM, I’ve never had a go and have always appreciated the insights - but he seems to be a bit of a precious soul if I’m honest.

I see he’s now popped up on the hat. If he thinks he’ll be welcomed with open arms and not get dogs abuse over there, then I think he’s in for a bit of a shock.

Makes this place look like a haven of tolerance and understanding in comparison.

C’est la vie...
    To defend Red John it was me who had a “pop” (sensitive bunch if me just querying the info is a pop these days).

I’ve never been a fan of these “insiders”, they often speak in vague terms and it’s like old school clubcall where you get a snippet of what could be anything and then if something even remotely close to that happens they claim they are in the know.

Granted some of his info was good and I get a lot of fans like that, but it’s not for me. It’s my opinion and last I checked I’m allowed that.

I challenged him and he took the hump as he spoke about something vaguely and I just asked why he didn’t just come out with the exact thing it was - think it was a transfer target.

The fact he took it so badly shows what I normally think about these “insiders”, they want to give what really sometimes amounts to as much information as we have but want all the adulation in the world, it’s not just done to inform the fans solely.

My opinion but don’t blame Red John.

Oh and yeah I’m a long time lurker rare poster so that’s why I’m easily forgotten.

Really hope we're nae targeting the likes of Clark Robertson & the 4th choice right-back from the team who have our right back on loan as first XI players? I know we've nae much of a budget (despite the big sales last season!) but surely we can get a better standard than that for players we expect to be regular starters? Interesting few weeks ahead but early bird ticket prices end on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Really hope we're nae targeting the likes of Clark Robertson & the 4th choice right-back from the team who have our right back on loan as first XI players? I know we've nae much of a budget (despite the big sales last season!) but surely we can get a better standard than that for players we expect to be regular starters? Interesting few weeks ahead but early bird ticket prices end on Friday!
    I honestly think there will be a couple of surprise signings coming up. We know Ramirez and Gurr are coming but we need more than just them. We aim to win everything we enter was the words Cormack used so he will need to spend a few dollars to justify this.

Page 107 of 164 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast