+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 59 of 164 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Anderson never given a chance at Aberdeen.

Please bring in Griffiths but cant see it happening?

I would also love to see us bring back Shinnie;

I see his brother wants to come back to Scotland
    Unfortunately this attitude of bringing back former players is a major part of why we’ve stagnated so much in recent years.

We won’t move forward as a club by bringing back players who were good for us three years ago but chose to move elsewhere at their peaks .

I like Shinnie and we have missed him in recent seasons but bringing him back is a no from me unless it’s a very good deal in our favour.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Unfortunately this attitude of bringing back former players is a major part of why we’ve stagnated so much in recent years.

We won’t move forward as a club by bringing back players who were good for us three years ago but chose to move elsewhere at their peaks .

I like Shinnie and we have missed him in recent seasons but bringing him back is a no from me unless it’s a very good deal in our favour.
    Is there a suggestion that Shinnie's form has dropped since he left Aberdeen? I dont think so...In fact, I dont think we'd stand a chance of getting him back (but would love to be proved wrong).

This is from Rooney on 1st May:
    "Can I just say about Graeme Shinnie - he is absolutely fantastic, the improvement in him is massive," Rooney said. "He is showing real quality, real leadership. I think sometimes he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He has been brilliant for us, immense."

Shall we fork out £500k and land Martin Boyle in the summer? I would, very good player and his pace causes teams a lot of bother.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Shall we fork out £500k and land Martin Boyle in the summer? I would, very good player and his pace causes teams a lot of bother.
    Sounds like there are other clubs after him and I'd imagine the fee will be more than £500k. That's just the rumoured breakout clause.

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post
    Is there a suggestion that Shinnie's form has dropped since he left Aberdeen? I dont think so...In fact, I dont think we'd stand a chance of getting him back (but would love to be proved wrong).

This is from Rooney on 1st May:
    "Can I just say about Graeme Shinnie - he is absolutely fantastic, the improvement in him is massive," Rooney said. "He is showing real quality, real leadership. I think sometimes he doesn't get the credit he deserves. He has been brilliant for us, immense."
    I think we are all well aware of the qualities that Shinnie has , I just don’t like this idea of constantly trying to re sign players who’ve left us .

Surely we can come up with some fresh ideas to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by man-erg View Post
    Sounds like there are other clubs after him and I'd imagine the fee will be more than £500k. That's just the rumoured breakout clause.
    Why would anyone pay more than £500k if that’s all that’s required? Other clubs may offer more wages.

He would be a great signing but I don’t know why he would want to join us at this stage - hes at his peak - if he’s moving it would be to someone like Celtic or down south where he can get a lot more money on a 2 or 3 year deal. He’ll know that he can make a move like that and still join a club like Aberdeen, hearts, hibs again in 2-3 years time.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I think we are all well aware of the qualities that Shinnie has , I just don’t like this idea of constantly trying to re sign players who’ve left us .

Surely we can come up with some fresh ideas to move forward.
    I think it depends on the player and stage of career they’re at. I think we should be searching for the “new” Shinnie rather than signing the existing one. Same could be said when we resigned Hayes and mcginn. Sometimes these things work out but we should be looking at slightly younger up and coming talent like when we signed these guys first time round, and similar to McLean, Ferguson, McCrorie and so on.

Lewis Ferguson hands in transfer request which the club have rejected

Hun b’astard

We don’t need him really. If we are going to be a more attacking team then one of Ferguson or McCrorie has to make way.

Page 59 of 164 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109159 ... LastLast