+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Transfer Window (Stephen Glass’ first)

Quote Originally Posted by STANDFREE92 View Post
    Scott burns is saying we are after Clark Robertson....

Also Devlin will be offered a 6 month deal
    I’ve not seen Robertson play since he left about 6-7 years ago but he’s obviously changed from a LB to CB, so can’t really judge him on what he was as a youngster.

The more worrying thing for me is giving Devlin another deal - the guy is one of the biggest wastes of a wage we’ve ever had - only Craig Bryson surpasses him I’d say. He’s played about 30 games in 3 years - and for most of them he’s been rotten anyway. No way I’d be wasting a decent wage on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I’ve not seen Robertson play since he left about 6-7 years ago but he’s obviously changed from a LB to CB, so can’t really judge him on what he was as a youngster.

The more worrying thing for me is giving Devlin another deal - the guy is one of the biggest wastes of a wage we’ve ever had - only Craig Bryson surpasses him I’d say. He’s played about 30 games in 3 years - and for most of them he’s been rotten anyway. No way I’d be wasting a decent wage on him.
    Didn't Robertson have a link to one of the original founders of the club? How the **** did he end up a Hun?

I would be okay with giving Devlin a 6 month deal. He was actually decent early doors with us apart from his distribution. Got injured a lot and rumoured to have fallen out with McInnes and Doherty.

A last chance saloon of a 6 month deal might be exactly what he needs to kick start his career again.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    I would be okay with giving Devlin a 6 month deal. He was actually decent early doors with us apart from his distribution. Got injured a lot and rumoured to have fallen out with McInnes and Doherty.

A last chance saloon of a 6 month deal might be exactly what he needs to kick start his career again.
    He'll be injured for most of the 6 months probably - just a waste of time. When he signed he was good for a short spell. He's had too many serious injuries and has hardly played in the last few years - even if he does steer clear of injury i can't see him being anywhere near good enough. The last time he had a spell in the team he was rotten. Distribution is going to be a key thing as well if we're trying to play better football - he used to give the ball away almost every time he'd won it back.

The fact we might offer him even a short term deal (and looking at Robertson) does suggest Hoban and Taylor aren't sticking around though.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post

Werent most his injuries via the training ground? Giving how many reports we've seen of the previous standard of training I don't mind him getting one last chance to see, if trained right, he can stay fit.

I'm meh on Robertson, seems a bit like a lazy McInness signing

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Werent most his injuries via the training ground? Giving how many reports we've seen of the previous standard of training I don't mind him getting one last chance to see, if trained right, he can stay fit.

I'm meh on Robertson, seems a bit like a lazy McInness signing
    ......... on approach......

Quote Originally Posted by STANDFREE92 View Post
    Scott burns is saying we are after Clark Robertson....

Also Devlin will be offered a 6 month deal
    So it's the same old transfer strategy of signing players who've been here before.

And keeping an injury prone numpty.

Quote Originally Posted by mainstandmoan View Post
    ......... on approach......
    All sense of optimism is fading fast. I know we don't have much money but I am not impressed with the quality coming in so far. Any thoughts of offering a sick note with minimal skill another contract should have all the warning bells ringing. Maybe it is so Griffith doesn't get lonely on the sidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    All sense of optimism is fading fast. I know we don't have much money but I am not impressed with the quality coming in so far. Any thoughts of offering a sick note with minimal skill another contract should have all the warning bells ringing. Maybe it is so Griffith doesn't get lonely on the sidelines.
    Not every signing is going to be an exciting name - but hopefully they’re an upgrade on what we’ve got - even just a change from what we’ve got would be good - need to get rid of the losers and their mentality.

Robertson has played a lot of games down south and is approaching the peak of his career now - maybe he feels a move up here puts him in the window for an international call up a bit more. I’d rather give a weekly wage to him than Devlin who is basically like throwing your cash down the toilet for another 6 months.

I think we’ll need to accept a few more players at the level of Robertson if we want another 2 or 3 in the Brown / Griffiths mould.

Page 34 of 164 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast