+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Reedz bothers will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Even if he chooses not to instigate one I think we should just go ahead and have a vote as to whether Laddo continues his 'mission' or not.

Or would that be considered a barge poll?
    Do a poll, have a vote, go crazy Gump if it excites you that much on a Sunday. Let me know the results when it's all said and done.

All I ask is can you do it in your handbags thread or Navy's O/T thicko thread. It has nothing to do with this thread.

At least this thread have a chance of getting back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If only you could spot who took it off topic? It shouldn't be too difficult even for someone so biased and blinkered. The posts are in chronological order which should give you all the help you need.
    Chronological order does indeed help a lot. At 2:43 americanpie took it back on topic, the very next post by you at 2:53 took it back off topic. Then, at 4:12 jackal2 took it back on topic, the very next post by you at 4:21 took it back off topic.

Do you see a pattern emerging here?

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    "Quote Back to the thread title.

Good piece written by Lee Curtis"

Looks like I'm wasting my time................I'll let you get on with World War 3 !
    Sorry American I tried but the numbers were against me and they are very determined to #hijack

I'm afraid it looks like we've lost another good'un

Do a poll, have a vote, go crazy Gump if it excites you that much on a Sunday.
    He wasn't being serious, it was a pun. Go ahead and do it = barge poll? Geddit?

At least this thread have a chance of getting back on topic.
    You don't seem to have worked it out, but it would have a better chance of getting back on topic if you stopped derailing it.

Sorry American I tried but the numbers were against me.
    Memo number 2 to ancientpie - please note how laddo tried to keep the thread on topic by taking it off topic straight after americanpie had got it back on topic.

He's trying really hard.

If the Reedtz brothers do fail, I think it will be because their desired approach doesn't work particularly well at this level. I am a fan of statistics, analytics, projections etc because they can often tell you a lot. I'm not sure the National League is the best place to use them though. All the complex tactical formations, neat triangles, keeping possession and playing through the thirds have worked for some teams, but they don't seem very effective if your opponents decide to say "F*ck their fancy formations, just get stuck in and want it more than they do". That's been the main tactic of many of our opponents, and we don't seem to know how to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If the Reedtz brothers do fail, I think it will be because their desired approach doesn't work particularly well at this level. I am a fan of statistics, analytics, projections etc because they can often tell you a lot. I'm not sure the National League is the best place to use them though. All the complex tactical formations, neat triangles, keeping possession and playing through the thirds have worked for some teams, but they don't seem very effective if your opponents decide to say "F*ck their fancy formations, just get stuck in and want it more than they do". That's been the main tactic of many of our opponents, and we don't seem to know how to counter it.
    Better information on players is never a bad thing, especially for a club like ours that has been burned too often by managers signing old mates or players they saw perform well against them once. However, I think there's some truth in what you say, in that we shouldn't necessarily be using that data to identify the silkiest, most technical footballers, but instead the most aggressive, athletic, physical competitors who are equipped for football in the English lower leagues. Presumably, the data from Football Radar can be used to identify whatever type of player and personality you wish, but maybe so far we've been a bit idealistic about the football we eventually want to play, rather than picking horses for courses.

I must admit, there have been several occasions when I've watched Notts under Ardley and so far under the new coach where I've longed to see more of the 'smash-mouth' football we used to play under Warnock and Allardyce. It wasn't as "long-ball" as some observers used to claim, because we did play football mostly in the opponents' half, but it was based on getting the ball into the opponents' penalty area as fast and as often as possible, effectively laying siege on their goal and pressuring and battering them into submission rather than seeking to play nice patterns around them. And when you've got players as fast as Lewis Knight and Jimmy Knowles, why wouldn't you release them down the channels and into the area early, because most defenders at this level are very slow?

When managers across the river have tried to introduce more direct tactics, Nottingham Forest fans have sometimes admonished them with the song "We're Nottingham Forest, we play on the floor!", because that is their identity as a team. Well, over here at Meadow Lane, at least in the post-Sirrell era, our "identity" in our best years has been "We're Notts County, prepare to be bombarded and kicked off the park if necessary!". And when it's done right, it can be strangely satisfying and quite entertaining!

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    "Quote Back to the thread title.

Good piece written by Lee Curtis"

Looks like I'm wasting my time................I'll let you get on with World War 3 !
    Don't blame you pal, another thread ruined.

Chronological order does indeed help a lot. At 2:43 americanpie took it back on topic, the very next post by you at 2:53 took it back off topic. Then, at 4:12 jackal2 took it back on topic, the very next post by you at 4:21 took it back off topic.

Do you see a pattern emerging here?
    That's all great but look back earlier than that. 12:28 post by your right hand man Navy, nothing to do with the topic at all. Prior to that it was very much talking about the owners.

Even you posted shortly after 1pm again nothing to do with the topic. All hours before your handpicked example.

In fact you seem to be completely ignoring posts by your naval lap dog and yourself. How convenient. Myth well and truly busted.

It took you just half an hour to let the side (NCM) down again but tbh it's one of your main aims on here so I doubt many will be surprised.

Go on take a look , you've just got to go page or two earlier

He wasn't being serious, it was a pun. Go ahead and do it = barge poll? Geddit?

You don't seem to have worked it out, but it would have a better chance of getting back on topic if you stopped derailing it.
    He wasn't being serious but sad to say we know you are.
    Hey it's fine whatever helps to fill the obvious #void in you life.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast