+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Reedz bothers will fail.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's all great but look back earlier than that. 12:28 post by your right hand man Navy, nothing to do with the topic at all. Prior to that it was very much talking about the owners.

Even you posted shortly after 1pm again nothing to do with the topic. All hours before your handpicked example.

In fact you seem to be completely ignoring posts by your naval lap dog and yourself. How convenient. Myth well and truly busted.

It took you just half an hour to let the side (NCM) down again but tbh it's one of your main aims on here so I doubt many will be surprised.

Go on take a look , you've just got to go page or two earlier
    Woof woof.

ps. Can I be his left-hand man? After all, I am cack-handed Thicko.
    Last edited by Ayeayeskipper; 18-04-2021 at 05:47 PM. Reason: Forgot to call him Thicko

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    Woof woof.
    This whole thread is barking!

Woof woof.

Sounds like a Poll ice dog to me?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    This whole thread is barking!
    Someone should take the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Sounds like a Poll ice dog to me?
    I think that might come back on you and bite you on yer @rse.

I think that might come back on you and bite you in the @rse.
    Better get meself a hot poll tice ready then.

Woof woof.

ps. Can I be his left-hand man? After all, I am cack-handed Thicko.
    Of course you can that will leave Ken as his right hand man (yap yap).

You probably don't know this but he quickly took your place whilst you were "having a break". I thought it was a little disrespectful tbh he jumped into your grave almost the moment you left your post. Don't worry he's not quite at your level although equally subservient.

Down boy

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Of course you can that will leave Ken as his right hand man (yap yap).

You probably don't know this but he quickly took your place whilst you were "having a break". I thought it was a little disrespectful tbh he jumped into your grave almost the moment you left your post. Don't worry he's not quite at your level although equally subservient.

Down boy
    You've made a right dog's dinner of that Thicko.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Better information on players is never a bad thing, especially for a club like ours that has been burned too often by managers signing old mates or players they saw perform well against them once. However, I think there's some truth in what you say, in that we shouldn't necessarily be using that data to identify the silkiest, most technical footballers, but instead the most aggressive, athletic, physical competitors who are equipped for football in the English lower leagues. Presumably, the data from Football Radar can be used to identify whatever type of player and personality you wish, but maybe so far we've been a bit idealistic about the football we eventually want to play, rather than picking horses for courses.

I must admit, there have been several occasions when I've watched Notts under Ardley and so far under the new coach where I've longed to see more of the 'smash-mouth' football we used to play under Warnock and Allardyce. It wasn't as "long-ball" as some observers used to claim, because we did play football mostly in the opponents' half, but it was based on getting the ball into the opponents' penalty area as fast and as often as possible, effectively laying siege on their goal and pressuring and battering them into submission rather than seeking to play nice patterns around them. And when you've got players as fast as Lewis Knight and Jimmy Knowles, why wouldn't you release them down the channels and into the area early, because most defenders at this level are very slow?

When managers across the river have tried to introduce more direct tactics, Nottingham Forest fans have sometimes admonished them with the song "We're Nottingham Forest, we play on the floor!", because that is their identity as a team. Well, over here at Meadow Lane, at least in the post-Sirrell era, our "identity" in our best years has been "We're Notts County, prepare to be bombarded and kicked off the park if necessary!". And when it's done right, it can be strangely satisfying and quite entertaining!
    Good post.

Jackal2 for manager!!
    Great post.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast