+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Reedz bothers will fail.

Steve Cotterill couldnt motivate this bunch of dead beats. Whatever the outcome this season, most of this lot will not be here next season..

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    Bit reluctant to start a new thread but could not see where this fitted.

I am really not sure that our owners really do have things under control, or have the knowledge and ability to take the club forward as we all expect. A question set to Burchnall on more than one occasion was not having coached in the National league or knowing any players how confident are you you can succeed. The answer really doesn’t matter because I think the same question applies to the Reedz brothers and their approach really has me wondering if they do understand what they are doing. We are hearing all about the long term approach but to me football is all about the short term and I mean the next 10 games not a season or the next 2/3 years. If they really are concerned with the long term Ardleys sacking makes no sense at all (although I agree with it because I favour the short term approach) I think whatever they say about football style, panic is starting to show as failure to get promotion will cause them all sorts of financial problems. Hence a short term solution to a perceived long term problem virtually always results in failure especially when there are external factors driving the decision. What I find worrying is:-

They may have insisted Ardley played a style of football he and the players were not happy with or had the ability to carry out. If true, not good.

Recruitment heavily based on statistics not individual personalities and team fit. In the main it’s not worked with the players why should it work for a Manager.

As Hardy quickly found out running a football club requires different skill sets to running a business no matter how successful it is and because your business is in football it doesn’t mean you understand club management.

Contrary to what is being said I think Burchnall does lack the experience to take on this challenge

If Burchnall is such a good coach why is it he clearly has no motivational skills. That is the one thing a good coach could have brought to the game.

The pathetic excuse that Hornchurch have had no distractions and could focus on the game for 5? weeks is unbelievable coming from an “experienced Manager” does he think we are all fools?. Honesty is what’s needed and he should have had a real rant at them in public. As someone else said we were playing two fat blokes in a pub side.

I am already worried and even now see a tiny red flashing light in the distance not only as regards the new manager but the longer term ownership of the club i.e, at what point will the magic money supply tap get turned off or run dry.

I know Burchnall needs a little time but at the moment I don’t have a good feeling about him or the owners just hope I am proved completely wrong.
    You must live in a very dark world my friend

You are absolutely right, the warning signs are already out there and I am not a pessimist.
    As to the new head coach, this is an extract rom Wikipedia -
    "On 24 November 2016, Englishman Ian Burchnall was announced as the club's new manager.[11] Despite Viking signing an inexperienced manager and having financial trouble, Norwegian media predicted Viking to finish mid-table ahead of the 2017 season.[12] However, it proved to be a difficult season for Burchnall, as the team struggled throughout the year, being in the relegation zone from start to finish. Two matches before the end of the 2017 season, Burchnall was fired from the job following the club's relegation to the 1. divisjon.[13] Assistant manager Bjarte Lunde Aarsheim took charge as head coach for the last two matches, achieving a win in Viking's last match in the league.[14]

It's just a prediction, and eventually Biker9999 will be proved right or wrong. I really hope he's wrong, but I can remember in the first season of Ray Trew and Alan Hardy the majority view was that they are great owners and we are lucky that they came along. I still think the Reedtz brothers will prove be different, but it's far from guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    You must live in a very dark world my friend
    A very dark dull world you aren't allowed to celebrate injury time winners in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supporter since 1951 View Post
    You are absolutely right, the warning signs are already out there and I am not a pessimist.
    As to the new head coach, this is an extract rom Wikipedia -
    "On 24 November 2016, Englishman Ian Burchnall was announced as the club's new manager.[11] Despite Viking signing an inexperienced manager and having financial trouble, Norwegian media predicted Viking to finish mid-table ahead of the 2017 season.[12] However, it proved to be a difficult season for Burchnall, as the team struggled throughout the year, being in the relegation zone from start to finish. Two matches before the end of the 2017 season, Burchnall was fired from the job following the club's relegation to the 1. divisjon.[13] Assistant manager Bjarte Lunde Aarsheim took charge as head coach for the last two matches, achieving a win in Viking's last match in the league.[14]
    I posted his stats the other day on some fred or other and they are hardly inspiring. 28% win rate. Let's hope the brothers know what they're doing.

I don’t see a massive change to Ardley. He was clearly a very intelligent man who too understands where football is going and champions the new way of possession based football. The issue is it’s not the norm yet the lower down you go, it will be as more players drip down from the top clubs where this is the only way they know but the issue is teams can still be very effective with packing their teams with strong physical players. Those players as the guy said on the vid will become less going forward. If you look at the great Barca sides from 10 years ago a lot of those players wouldn’t have got in clubs in England as boys being classed as physically too small but it’s changing now over here. This issue is we are in the here and now and this is clearly a very risky appointment, it has the feeling of it’s either going to be a positive game changer for Notts or a monumental disaster, let’s just hope it’s the former.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I posted his stats the other day on some fred or other and they are hardly inspiring. 28% win rate. Let's hope the brothers know what they're doing.
    You have to look at the teams he was managing he said on his podcast that the team that he managed when Potter left had gone up 3-4 divisions and got 50 points in the first season in the top division he also got 50 points in his first season.

Potter win ratio was over 50% there but 3 of those seasons were a lower league.

Here is where it gets interesting lots of pundits and people in the game are saying how good Potter is his win rate at Brighton is 27%.

Now on paper 27% looks poor but it will be enough to keep Brighton up and what else can he realistically do with a club who are pretty small compared to most of the EPL ?

I would imagine as he is from the UK he will know that lower league football will need the big boot at times to be successful but time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Wow!

Ardley’s sacking/long term approach does make sense to me. Bringing a new man in close season would have allowed minimal time to evaluate and reshape the squad. This would of impacted on next season.

They don’t strike me as being in panic mode. To the contrary, they appear very considered and measured in their actions.

They may not have insisted Ardley play a certain style of football?

In terms of recruitment, the stats support the process. They are not the deciding factor.

So based on a few days in charge, you assume he has no motivational skills?

There are parts of IB’s interview I’m not convinced by. But had he come out and laid into the players, he would of created another issue.

Words can’t describe how bad yesterday was, it will hurt for a long time. But, let’s not jump to conclusions about ownership and the new man. Lets see where we are, in at least 10 games?
    I think KK'S observations above and Swales post about giving IB time to take his coat off and switch the light on just about sum things up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    You have to look at the teams he was managing he said on his podcast that the team that he managed when Potter left had gone up 3-4 divisions and got 50 points in the first season in the top division he also got 50 points in his first season.

Potter win ratio was over 50% there but 3 of those seasons were a lower league.

Here is where it gets interesting lots of pundits and people in the game are saying how good Potter is his win rate at Brighton is 27%.

Now on paper 27% looks poor but it will be enough to keep Brighton up and what else can he realistically do with a club who are pretty small compared to most of the EPL ?

I would imagine as he is from the UK he will know that lower league football will need the big boot at times to be successful but time will tell.
    True, 2 of the season's he managed clubs abroad were under difficult circumstances and it seems Burchy is held in high regard as a coach regardless of who you ask. We have to trust the brothers and we have to exercise some patience. Not easy for me as I am not the most patient person, but as you say, time will tell.

WHERE'S ME PITCHFORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast