+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the Reedz bothers will fail.

Why the Reedz bothers will fail.

Bit reluctant to start a new thread but could not see where this fitted.

I am really not sure that our owners really do have things under control, or have the knowledge and ability to take the club forward as we all expect. A question set to Burchnall on more than one occasion was not having coached in the National league or knowing any players how confident are you you can succeed. The answer really doesn’t matter because I think the same question applies to the Reedz brothers and their approach really has me wondering if they do understand what they are doing. We are hearing all about the long term approach but to me football is all about the short term and I mean the next 10 games not a season or the next 2/3 years. If they really are concerned with the long term Ardleys sacking makes no sense at all (although I agree with it because I favour the short term approach) I think whatever they say about football style, panic is starting to show as failure to get promotion will cause them all sorts of financial problems. Hence a short term solution to a perceived long term problem virtually always results in failure especially when there are external factors driving the decision. What I find worrying is:-

They may have insisted Ardley played a style of football he and the players were not happy with or had the ability to carry out. If true, not good.

Recruitment heavily based on statistics not individual personalities and team fit. In the main it’s not worked with the players why should it work for a Manager.

As Hardy quickly found out running a football club requires different skill sets to running a business no matter how successful it is and because your business is in football it doesn’t mean you understand club management.

Contrary to what is being said I think Burchnall does lack the experience to take on this challenge

If Burchnall is such a good coach why is it he clearly has no motivational skills. That is the one thing a good coach could have brought to the game.

The pathetic excuse that Hornchurch have had no distractions and could focus on the game for 5? weeks is unbelievable coming from an “experienced Manager” does he think we are all fools?. Honesty is what’s needed and he should have had a real rant at them in public. As someone else said we were playing two fat blokes in a pub side.

I am already worried and even now see a tiny red flashing light in the distance not only as regards the new manager but the longer term ownership of the club i.e, at what point will the magic money supply tap get turned off or run dry.

I know Burchnall needs a little time but at the moment I don’t have a good feeling about him or the owners just hope I am proved completely wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    If Burchnall is such a good coach why is it he clearly has no motivational skills.
    Can we at least let him take his jacket off and switch the light on in the office before making bonkers assumptions like that?

'Clearly'?????

Quite unbelievable. This place truly has no bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Can we at least let him take his jacket off and switch the light on in the office before making bonkers assumptions like that?

'Clearly'?????

Apparently, it's the way of the future mate.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    But at least we now know it has an arse!

I am really not sure that our owners really do have things under control, or have the knowledge and ability to take the club forward as we all expect. A question set to Burchnall on more than one occasion was not having coached in the National league or knowing any players how confident are you you can succeed. The answer really doesn’t matter because I think the same question applies to the Reedz brothers and their approach really has me wondering if they do understand what they are doing. We are hearing all about the long term approach but to me football is all about the short term and I mean the next 10 games not a season or the next 2/3 years. If they really are concerned with the long term Ardleys sacking makes no sense at all (although I agree with it because I favour the short term approach) I think whatever they say about football style, panic is starting to show as failure to get promotion will cause them all sorts of financial problems. Hence a short term solution to a perceived long term problem virtually always results in failure especially when there are external factors driving the decision. What I find worrying is:-

They may have insisted Ardley played a style of football he and the players were not happy with or had the ability to carry out. If true, not good.

Recruitment heavily based on statistics not individual personalities and team fit. In the main it’s not worked with the players why should it work for a Manager.

As Hardy quickly found out running a football club requires different skill sets to running a business no matter how successful it is and because your business is in football it doesn’t mean you understand club management.

Contrary to what is being said I think Burchnall does lack the experience to take on this challenge

If Burchnall is such a good coach why is it he clearly has no motivational skills. That is the one thing a good coach could have brought to the game.

The pathetic excuse that Hornchurch have had no distractions and could focus on the game for 5? weeks is unbelievable coming from an “experienced Manager” does he think we are all fools?. Honesty is what’s needed and he should have had a real rant at them in public. As someone else said we were playing two fat blokes in a pub side.

I am already worried and even now see a tiny red flashing light in the distance not only as regards the new manager but the longer term ownership of the club i.e, at what point will the magic money supply tap get turned off or run dry.

I know Burchnall needs a little time but at the moment I don’t have a good feeling about him or the owners just hope I am proved completely wrong.
    Charlie Slater keeps banging on about him having no experience coaching in the National League as well. This narrative really isn't very helpful. He has been coaching at lots of different levels since he was 22! Of course his skills are transferable. The National League isn't some strange anomaly that operates outside the rules of normal football! He will get the hang of it.

I'd rather have an educated man who has had the courage to work abroad and broaden his horizons, than a thick, retired footballer who is 'One of the lads'.

As for the Reedz brothers...that is really harsh to write them off. Their systems has worked pretty well for Brighton and Brentford. Why don't we give them the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    The National League isn't some strange anomaly that operates outside the rules of normal football!
    Football-wise I agree with your point about Burchnall 100%, but if you had been talking about the people running the National League, the above statement would be highly debatable!

Crikey. I thought I was a pessimist!

Wow!

Ardley’s sacking/long term approach does make sense to me. Bringing a new man in close season would have allowed minimal time to evaluate and reshape the squad. This would of impacted on next season.

They don’t strike me as being in panic mode. To the contrary, they appear very considered and measured in their actions.

They may not have insisted Ardley play a certain style of football?

In terms of recruitment, the stats support the process. They are not the deciding factor.

So based on a few days in charge, you assume he has no motivational skills?

There are parts of IB’s interview I’m not convinced by. But had he come out and laid into the players, he would of created another issue.

Words can’t describe how bad yesterday was, it will hurt for a long time. But, let’s not jump to conclusions about ownership and the new man. Lets see where we are, in at least 10 games?

Don't be fooled folks. This is the same guy who asked why Notts fans were not only celebrating a win but one where we incredibly scored two goals in injury time.

I realise that's hard to believe but I assure you it's true. It's damn true.

There have been other shockers too since but none as bad as this "clearly".

I love the idea that it’s the owners forcing Neal Ardley to play a defensive/cautious/patient style of football, as if NA isn’t well known for having spent his managerial career using playing a defensive/cautious/patient style of football haha.

For what it’s worth, the owners (or at least the people above the manager) should set the style of football to an extent, and appoint the right staff to deliver it. That’s how you avoid the situation where you veer wildly from Shaun Derry to Ricardo Moniz or from Kevin Nolan to Harry Kewell.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast