+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Expectations for 2021/22 Season

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Star Wars eh , hmm who’s chewbacca?
    Has to be Joe Lewis.

I’d have Brown as Hand Solo......

I would like to see youth getting a chance, a better style of football and a little effort against either Septic or the Zombie club.

I'm not expecting great things next season if being honest, as a huge rebuilding job needed which will mean next season could be a bit of a struggle at times and a lot dependant on who we bring in and how quickly they settle.

I expect....

- training to be a bit more intense than it reportedly had become
    - players to be working harder with new management to impress
    - the players to be fitter
    - a clear out of quite a few players
    - a number of decent signings (and hopefully a few relatively exciting ones)
    - the style of football to be more exciting
    - a new captain to be named (but not Scott Brown)
    - homegrown players to get more of a look-in when merited
    - Glass and Brown to lift the general malaise around the club

If we get those things I can probably accept whatever results come from that (within reason! ��).

What I expect to see every season is an improvement on the previous one.

That means clocking up more points than this season, going further in each cup competition than this season, playing better football than this season etc.

I'm not expecting the new regime to have us winning everything in sight next season, but I'd like to see a clear indication that they know what they're doing in terms of stamping a new system and style of play on the team, improving the intensity of our play stemming from more intensity in training, bringing in some exciting players, instilling a positive, winning attitude and mentality to the club, and generally stirring up some interest amongst supporters as I think this season has led to widespread apathy and disinterest.

I expect Aberdeen FC to believe they can win every competition they enter, League, Cups the lot.

If we fail so be it but this aiming for 3rd and Cup Finals can phuck right off.

Thats Milnes legacy, spineless clunt.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I expect Aberdeen FC to believe they can win every competition they enter, League, Cups the lot.

If we fail so be it but this aiming for 3rd and Cup Finals can phuck right off.

Thats Milnes legacy, spineless clunt.
    Do you think Scott Brown should be made captain ?

Brown is a player who’s obviously believed he can win throughout his career .

Do you think Scott Brown should be made captain ?

Brown is a player who’s obviously believed he can win throughout his career .
    With him being player/coach and having the personality he does then it doesn't matter too much who is captain now. No way Lewis will have more say or authority.

Ok he’s just in the door and we’re nae sure what his team will look like yet but what should we expect from Stephen Glass in his first season?

What would be seen as an acceptable first season , undoubtedly a fair bit of recruitment to be done , should we be expecting a 3rd place finish and a cup win like McInnes achieved in his first season ?

We are all expecting a better , more exciting “brand” of football on the pitch but will we also expect instant results ?
    Rangers
    Aberdeen
    Celtic
    Hearts
    Dundee United
    St Johnstone

Aberdeen or St Johnstone or Dundee United to win either league or Scottish cup. New firm final would be quality

Have a feeling scott brown will prove me wrong (in my previous post) and have a good season, giving 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    I pee sitting down
    Fair enough but I’m not sure why you’d need to share that with us

1. Qualifying for group stages of European football. 3 opportunities:
    - Win the three qualifiers in July-August
    - Win the scottish cup
    - Finish third and one of the top two win the Scottish Cup

2. Play more exciting football in the home games including signing two strikers that we can trust to score goals.

3. Get to Hampden

4. Finish top four in the league

It's not unrealistic and its not over ambitious. A cup final or a cup win would be even better.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast