+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Expectations for 2021/22 Season

Go with the chairman's expectations as expressed last night and hold him to account if we fall well short.

I expect to win everything next season since Dave Cormack has said we should be aiming to win every competition we are in. I can see myself buying a season ticket once the top players have signed up to the challenge.

It’s a massive hill to climb. McInnes provided stability with awful football while grabbing a trophy in the worst final in the clubs history. Glass cant just improve the football. There has to be some silverware. In the words of Johan Cruyff -

“results without quality are boring but quality without results is pointless”.

It can’t just look good or the whole experiment is a waste of ****ing time.

But in his first season, it can’t be “no silverware and you’ve failed”. Need to give the guy time to build something.

If we’re playing exciting football then plenty leeway will be allowed.

The weegie press of course, will revert to accusations of “freezing” on the big stage.

But we know what follows that don’t we.

Aberdeen 2 Real Madrid 1

If we finish below 4th place then Glass will be sent back to Atlanta reserves by Cormack and rightfully so.

He’s going to have the biggest budget in the league outside of the cheeks and considering the league is so pish anything below 4th would be a failure.

I don’t think he will though,with the players he is going to be bringing in we should easily finish 3rd next season.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234