+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phone use

Mobile Phone use

off the back of Micks post, what do you lot do on your mobiles?

i have never ever tried to go online on my mobile , im quite antique in this respect. i do all of my stuff on the laptops or PC.
    i get the latest iphones one for work and a personal one ( from work ) and only use them for texts and calls. Never go online or on apps with my phone.

It drives my wife and kids crazy, they are never off their phones. Always on different shlt messaging away, watching movies and youtube etc, doing that smart chat thing. They always laugh at me because i dont have the same stuff as them.

I dont have instantgram, the tik tok thing, snapchat, whatsup, so im basically in the dark ages.

Dont even get me started on the Tinder, POF crowd, what ever happened to walking up to a woman in real life and talking to her?

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post

Dont even get me started on the Tinder, POF crowd, what ever happened to walking up to a woman in real life and talking to her?
    Tried that....judge says I can't do it any more.

But actually, loads of stuff.

I'm a big fan of Facebook and Whatsapp for the simple reason that they help me keep in touch with family and friends and can see things they're up to in a way that, ordinarily, I couldn't. A couple of brothers and sisters live in the North West so I can see what they and their families are doing and, especially in this last year, that's been a godsend.

Take photos, browse the 'net, read emails, buy stuff...and above all else, listen to music. I think mobiles are fantastic things, tbh.

I've had mine for over 4 and a half years because it's really good and does what I want although lately it's begun to have a few wobbles so i may need to look for a new one if it knacks because i couldn't be without one...and actually wouldn't want to be.

Basically what Zip said.

I've never used it for here though

I still use phone boxes

I use mine for browsing, buying, looking up things that i either don't know or am not sure about.

The usual facebook, messenger, twitter whattsapp - i've even been known to give lessons over whattsapp, play games,

keep the kids quiet in the car - by letting them play games or read books on EPIC

I don't actually make many phone calls. but do text a fair bit

i used to hate mobiles and very rarely carried mine with me - until i got my 1st i phone - boom I'm lost if i forget it

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    off the back of Micks post, what do you lot do on your mobiles?

i have never ever tried to go online on my mobile , im quite antique in this respect. i do all of my stuff on the laptops or PC.
    i get the latest iphones one for work and a personal one ( from work ) and only use them for texts and calls. Never go online or on apps with my phone.

It drives my wife and kids crazy, they are never off their phones. Always on different shlt messaging away, watching movies and youtube etc, doing that smart chat thing. They always laugh at me because i dont have the same stuff as them.

I dont have instantgram, the tik tok thing, snapchat, whatsup, so im basically in the dark ages.

I'm a bit like you, Tanya. Mine can do everything but I'm a bit of an old-fashioned numpty and can't do much apart from phone and use WhatsApp and take pics. As mine was free with an all-in contract for gas, electricity, phone, tv, and internet I'm quids in and paying only 2/3 I was through BT, separate gas and electricity.

I’m a bit old fashioned myself but couldn't live without my phone. Whats app is a brilliant tool - it enables you to speak (by message) to someone asap but also when it ‘s convenient for the recipient of the message (calling sometimes interrupts).

I strongly recommend you to start using internet on your phone, Tanya. I don’t watch vids etc but when I discovered that I cold access the internet while waiting in shops for the missus to try on clothes, my life changed for the better for ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I’m a bit old fashioned myself but couldn't live without my phone. Whats app is a brilliant tool - it enables you to speak (by message) to someone asap but also when it ‘s convenient for the recipient of the message (calling sometimes interrupts).

I strongly recommend you to start using internet on your phone, Tanya. I don’t watch vids etc but when I discovered that I cold access the internet while waiting in shops for the missus to try on clothes, my life changed for the better for ever!!
    Does that mean she spends a long time trying on clothes or that you are very efficient when you are out shopping with the better half.

Funnily enough, opening this thread again reminded me that I also use my phone to scan the QR code on the lateral flow tests we have to do twice weekly...which reminded me that I have to do mine now!!

So thanks, not-thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Funnily enough, opening this thread again reminded me that I also use my phone to scan the QR code on the lateral flow tests we have to do twice weekly...which reminded me that I have to do mine now!!

So thanks, not-thanks!

We've been sent home with ours for the Easter holiday.

I was still doing mine at school and they set a system up where they did all the registering etc. so we didnt' need to QR code scan.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)