+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Crowds in the Arboretum last night

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Semantic noise to some. I understand your point but I think it is dangerous at this point to give any impression that this is over. I'm not saying that was your intention though.
    We may have different views on the facts of this 'thing' but thank you for your courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Not that surprised at this - just confirms the stupidity and irresponsibility of many young people quite frankly, they don’t give a f*ck about anyone or anything including the environment (just look at the rubbish they leave behind) to think we entrust our wonderful Earth to this sh*t
    Christ on a bike, how old are you 110?

Covid has been pretty sh!t for everyone, including me aged 47. I dread to think what it must be like for anyone ages 16-30, cooped up with parents with no pubs or nightlife, especially when all they’ve been doing is protecting older, more vulnerable people. Now they have to wait for the vaccine as well..

Aside from the rubbish, can’t blame these lads and lasses for getting out and enjoying the weather, could be snowing next week!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Good on them. All of the science suggests that the risk of catching Covid outdoors in the open air is negligible, and encouraging people to gather in parks and open spaces rather than houses is a good idea and should’ve been the case months ago.

Apart from the litter, obviously. Anyone who litters is a dickhead.
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by symewillscore View Post
    Status of COVID-19

As of 19 March 2020, COVID-19 is NO LONGER considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/high-con...-diseases-hcid

Drops Mic......
    I presume you have seen the date of that bulletin .... 2020. Tens of thousands have died since then. Having said that I'm with BFP. In current circumstances in UK one day's party in the park won't cause calamity, all the evidence says so.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    So you think having 40,000+ crowd in an open air football stadium would be good at the moment then.
    Yes. We've vaccinated the at high risk and life's for living. Sadly, you'll never feel safe because that's how you feel about Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Good on them. All of the science suggests that the risk of catching Covid outdoors in the open air is negligible, and encouraging people to gather in parks and open spaces rather than houses is a good idea and should’ve been the case months ago.

Apart from the litter, obviously. Anyone who litters is a dickhead.
    Well let them do the science. They can all volunteer to repeat the act, but get tested first, don't publish the results yet, then test them on their way out 4 hours later (not sure if that's enough time - perhaps they then have to isolate a few days before the "after" test").

We'll then know if sufficient aerosol is dispersed to prevent transmission in a rowdy crowd at an outdoor setting to inhibit the spread and they will have provided valuable data for science and to football fans the country over.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I presume you have seen the date of that bulletin .... 2020. Tens of thousands have died since then. Having said that I'm with BFP. In current circumstances in UK one day's party in the park won't cause calamity, all the evidence says so.
    You have missed the point. It is not out dated. That was and remains the contemporary status.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchmagpie View Post
    I suspect they were all out celebrating what a fantastic job our generation have made of the world ! What do they say about stones and glass houses.
    You seriously think they are going to do a better job?

My eyes must be deceiving me as there is easily 1000 Covidiots on The Forest NOW. It’s ridiculous that these young people were moaning about their education etc. This is why folk needed to be locked down.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Well let them do the science. They can all volunteer to repeat the act, but get tested first, don't publish the results yet, then test them on their way out 4 hours later (not sure if that's enough time - perhaps they then have to isolate a few days before the "after" test").

We'll then know if sufficient aerosol is dispersed to prevent transmission in a rowdy crowd at an outdoor setting to inhibit the spread and they will have provided valuable data for science and to football fans the country over.
    The science has been done, loads of it. This goes back as far as the Black Lives Matter marches and the crowded beaches in Bournemouth last year. Outside gatherings like this don’t cause any spike in cases.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast