+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Partick at home

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    We are safe from relegation and only a tie against Forfar away from the cup quarter finals, where there will only be one team left that we should be genuinely afraid of. I think, whilst it hasn't been pretty, MM has achieved as much as anyone here was hoping for at the outset. One poor performance doesn't spoil that for me.
    We've ground out draws and a few wins too and I'm happy overall. Target achieved. All credit to MM and I've said it several times.
    But so often we've looked very poor, unable to put moves together consistently over 70-90 minutes in a match. Livi at home we were worse than a Sunday morning pub team. Motherwell away we were shocking in the first half. We also got hammered 5-1 at home from St Mirren! Can you honestly point to one game and say we played great as a team over 90 minutes?

I'm not having a go because I enjoy it, I'm just saying it as I see it because if we have ambitions of top 6 and competing for trophies we need to be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    We've ground out draws and a few wins too and I'm happy overall. Target achieved. All credit to MM and I've said it several times.
    But so often we've looked very poor, unable to put moves together consistently over 70-90 minutes in a match. Livi at home we were worse than a Sunday morning pub team. Motherwell away we were shocking in the first half. We also got hammered 5-1 at home from St Mirren! Can you honestly point to one game and say we played great as a team over 90 minutes?

I'm not having a go because I enjoy it, I'm just saying it as I see it because if we have ambitions of top 6 and competing for trophies we need to be much better.
    I'd say we need better players that are capable of executing the game plan they are given. Instead of a hammer and screwdriver Micky has had to make do with a butter knife and an old clog while tasked with turning a championship squad into a premiership one.

It really worries me that we have players who seem incapable of getting the basics of the game right - mainly passing. Surely at this stage of the season such weaknesses should have been worked on in training and the benefits of good coaching should be showing through. Thanks MM for this season but we have a huge amount of work to do if we want to be seen as a top 6 side in the coming seasons. Simply avoiding relegation after this season simply isn't good enough for this great club.

Being honest - he has probably exceeded with the squad he has - Harkes, king, pawlett, connolly (but he extended his contract so im not happy about that decision), robson, mcnulty, bolton and clark im afraid arent good enough. Clark can be a team player though i reckon at this level. Shanks - well can he do it at this level? maybe with supply but our tactics have been since killie away not to lose goals.

Pawlett, bolton and mcnulty away for definite - 2 loans that were rubbish and pawlett injury prone. We realistically need to understand shanks will leave next summer (no way a bid is coming in for him this year) - either its to dundee type or he scores a bucket load and goes to league one or championship. We realistically need the following to avoid a relegation battle again: new goalkeeper as benji is away i reckon (good luck to him and the 1-2 mill will be welcome), left back, centre back or two, two wingers, a number 10 and striker.

I think our youth has maybe the CB out of neilson and Freeman, maybe chalmers as a winger or no 10 in future but not now, declan glass - is he going to make it?, Appere is ready and should play every game imho.

A mix of a couple of signings and getting the youth in i reckon.

Has Reynolds got another season in him? hes been ok tbh.

sadly the man i thought would galvanise us - Fuchs - has been stinking recently. Hope that changes.

I want MM to succeed - i like him. ive "watched" more games reading a book than watched games tbh. I will take a book to tannadice next year too just in case.

my next year resolution is to meet OA, GB, TTT, stoke, and a few others. would be great stuff SRYB

Id like to see Newman play in cup if thats what MM is going to do and give another keeper a shot. Benji solid but not with ball to feet , he should leave too.

I'd say we need better players that are capable of executing the game plan they are given. Instead of a hammer and screwdriver Micky has had to make do with a butter knife and an old clog while tasked with turning a championship squad into a premiership one.
    Fair comment ADS

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    McCall greetin on Sportsound last night saying he has been deprived of a tie against Forfar to get in QF. Does the thicko not understand clubs are assigned numbers alphabetically in the draw? They wouldn't have drawn Forfar because they would have been a different number in the draw.

it would have been Stranraer at home
    Couldn't have been Stranraer at home if Patrick had got through. Stranraer were first out and alphabetically are always number six****. Haven't a clue who Thistle would have played had they won but they didn't so who cares. Oh McCall does!

Great to see you back on the board mate,Arabest The Boat.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

It’s a good draw, once rangers dispose of the filth it makes it an exciting quarter finals, semis and final. Hard to predict but realistically I can see a Rangers v Dundee United or Aberdeen final. Two sides who are regular finalists up against the worlds most successful ( champions ) . I have to say I am never that confident against United so the dons would be the easiest option! I have nothing but respect for both new firm sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    It’s a good draw, once rangers dispose of the filth it makes it an exciting quarter finals, semis and final. Hard to predict but realistically I can see a Rangers v Dundee United or Aberdeen final. Two sides who are regular finalists up against the worlds most successful ( champions ) . I have to say I am never that confident against United so the dons would be the easiest option! I have nothing but respect for both new firm sides.
    You are right enough calling them the filth with the shame they brought on the ancient nation of Scotland under a foreign banner in Manchester.
    It is only fair on the other hand to highlight how well your supporters behaved in Seville when over 100,000 of you travelled but no arrests were made albeit under another foreign flag.

Have i got utter trash mixed up above?,its all the FN same to me to be honest.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)