+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick at home

First ten minutes of this are absolute gold, especially the 10th minute. Jobby Mccall doing his absolute dinger then boom, Darryl Broadfoot hits him with....."how many refereeing mistakes have been made in the 2 wins in 7 for Partick Thistle?" 😂😂😂😂

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09ct456

Watched Hibs go through the same kinda struggle last night in the first half but upped their game second. Something United don't do often enough. There's something lacking that's in danger of biting our erse.

100%.Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    First ten minutes of this are absolute gold, especially the 10th minute. Jobby Mccall doing his absolute dinger then boom, Darryl Broadfoot hits him with....."how many refereeing mistakes have been made in the 2 wins in 7 for Partick Thistle?" ��������

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09ct456
    I always start laughing at Mccall and think he is being ironic - then I get the sudden realisation he is really just a pr!ck. Its weird somehow i want to not dislike him but he is bitter and twisted. Him and the donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    I think MM only has another year left on current contract. So will need to deliver next season.
    good. he has done his job - lets see if he gets away with it next season when (hopefully) a full Tannadice to tell him what really is the United way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    good. he has done his job - lets see if he gets away with it next season when (hopefully) a full Tannadice to tell him what really is the United way.
    On a different thread did I see you saying that Derek Mcinnes was in talks with United about becoming our next manager? Or did I imagine that in a parallel universe?

What disappointed me about Saturday was that following our recent run we genuinely looked like we were building toward something a bit better. The last couple of months may not have been 'exciting' but it showed a team having found it's feet in the League and making steady progress culminating in the games v Celtic and Aberdeen. Then suddenly, BOOM!, it's fast rewind six months to October and we're back like we were against Peterhead again without so much as passing Go. Much as we had improved, you still have that feeling of vulnerability that a performance like Saturday is potentially just around the corner and so it proved yet again. MM still has much work to do.........................

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    On a different thread did I see you saying that Derek Mcinnes was in talks with United about becoming our next manager? Or did I imagine that in a parallel universe?
    think that ship has sailed. yes he approached the big man and im aware he wants loads a money so wont happen. Says to me MM needs to pull his finger oot.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    What disappointed me about Saturday was that following our recent run we genuinely looked like we were building toward something a bit better. The last couple of months may not have been 'exciting' but it showed a team having found it's feet in the League and making steady progress culminating in the games v Celtic and Aberdeen. Then suddenly, BOOM!, it's fast rewind six months to October and we're back like we were against Peterhead again without so much as passing Go. Much as we had improved, you still have that feeling of vulnerability that a performance like Saturday is potentially just around the corner and so it proved yet again. MM still has much work to do.........................
    That's fair comment James. Like you I thought we were getting somewhere but Saturday was back down to Earth with a thud.
    HOWEVER... as I said somewhere else this is NO season to judge anybody/anything.
    I think it's amazing that the season has been delivered, the obstacles seemed overwhelming.
    I think professional football should take a bow for helping keep us all sane(ish).
    So let the jury deliver its verdict this time next year.
    We will know then if Mellon has proved his mettle or not.
    He has so far, we could so easily have been contemplating trading places with the Fun right now.
    Doesn't bear thinking about.

We are safe from relegation and only a tie against Forfar away from the cup quarter finals, where there will only be one team left that we should be genuinely afraid of. I think, whilst it hasn't been pretty, MM has achieved as much as anyone here was hoping for at the outset. One poor performance doesn't spoil that for me.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)