+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A good thrashing or a home win - Hull?

A good thrashing or a home win - Hull?

I'm taking a chance here and suggesting that we might make it a win on Friday. In the two games so far, only one goal has been scored so I'm going for 1-0. Yes a clean sheet against the league leaders!!! How mad is that???

All we have to do is play like we did against Sunderland and we're in with a chance.
    Play like we did against Burton & it could be a cricket score!
    Really don't know how this one will pan out.

You’re suggesting there isn’t a half way house? After the Burton debacle we bounced back with a win against the sort of side we usually lose to, without playing especially well. Previously we looked decent against Donny so I’m hopeful, if not optimistic! 2-1 to the rested Reds with Wintle back to add a bit of class to the middle.

Hard to know what to expect. Each time we have had a gap in games where the squad have had longer period of training we have returned with really poor displays. Yes we won our last game through a brilliant pass from Murphy and a well taken goal by Dale, but that was our total of football by both sides. It was an awful game by both teams.

I am usually positive about our chances but unless we strengthen our midfield in the centre of the pitch have to admit I am not confident, I honestly do not believe that playing Dale, Kirk, and Lowery in the same team is the answer. Not one of those 3 players have the physical strength to compete against a packed midfield like Hulls. It leaves Murphy and Wintle outnumbered, and the back four in a difficult position. However fingers crossed for a win.

Interesting lineup ...
    Going for a 2-1 win 🤞

Great to see Offord back on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Interesting lineup ...
    Going for a 2-1 win 🤞
    Shipped another goal in the last few minutes of a game. They are past masters at doing that. Just unbelievable.

Well that was a bit of a sickener, but a lot to take heart from. We only just lost to the League leaders, and we matched them for the vast majority of the game. Some outstanding performances from the whole team. If we were a tiny bit better with the final ball into the box, finishing, and set plays we would walk this league, but we're not, but I'm pretty happy with how we're doing.
    That was a fantastic match to watch apart from the last 4 mins!

It seems that way, but it cuts both ways. Late winners against Wimbledon and Northampton, equalisers against Burton and Blackpool tell the other story.

As was said in commentary, we were going for the winner and that’s the way we play. God knows enough people moan when we try to shut up shop and try to hold on to what we’ve got. We all know that we struggle to do that so you just have to suck it up, although it’s very frustrating when it’s a deflected effort that deceives everyone - at least Sunderland had the good grace to score a worldy!!

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Well that was a bit of a sickener, but a lot to take heart from. We only just lost to the League leaders, and we matched them for the vast majority of the game. Some outstanding performances from the whole team. If we were a tiny bit better with the final ball into the box, finishing, and set plays we would walk this league, but we're not, but I'm pretty happy with how we're doing.
    That was a fantastic match to watch apart from the last 4 mins!
    Agree 100%. The only player to slightly disappoint was Ainley, but there are extenuating circumstances there; I was a bit surprised that Murphy didn’t come on sooner but, overall, top match and top performance- similar to the games against Peterborough and Sunderland in fact.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast