+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: FAO the punters on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I'm not great fan of Ardley, Kev, never was, but one thing we can agree on, it was a very strange time to be making a change. Like everyone else, I expected him to see the season and his contract out. Like you say, if it had been when we got relegated or after the debacle of last years P/O's, I doubt few would have batted an eyelid but now? It's a weird one. Hope our owners know what they're doing but in all fairness, they have never seen us wrong yet.
    Never a great fan myself mate but I thought he was doing enough to be given the season, as you say a weird one, still onwards & upwards it's not over yet we can still make it via the POs either way I look forward to our half time vape next season, let's hope the gang are all still with us. COYP

As other posters have suggested, the time of change was brought about by IB’s availability. Another key consideration, was ensuring the new man had enough time to evaluate the squad and plan accordingly before the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    As other posters have suggested, the time of change was brought about by IB’s availability. Another key consideration, was ensuring the new man had enough time to evaluate the squad and plan accordingly before the start of next season.
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    As other posters have suggested, the time of change was brought about by IB’s availability.
    People keep saying this, but he left his previous job and returned to England last summer. So how come he's only just become available?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    People keep saying this, but he left his previous job and returned to England last summer. So how come he's only just become available?
    Before he accepted his next role, he wanted a break with his family. My understanding is that he was considering another role, this prompted the Notts owners to make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oh dear. The curse of Meadow Lane continues. Who did we upset and when?
    I can see nothing good coming out of this appointment and it is going to cost the club a lot of time and money. Playing for such a relatively inexperienced coach who has no playing history himself is not an attractive prospect for many of today's players.
    The Reedtz brothers have been top notch thus far but this move and its timing put me so much in mind of the Fullarton debacle. I think their honeymoon is as over as Notts chances of topping the division.
    Hi Sid, firstly good to see you are back with us hopefully on the mend again.

Regarding the new appointment why do you think it will end in tears? There is absolutely no reason why a person cannot manage a football team if they have never actually played professionally, if as is the case here, they have served their apprenticeship in another way.

I would suggest the fact that his working life has been dedicated to the coaching side of the game at very competitive levels and the roles that he has held have required a level of man management and player development actually make him better qualified for the job than some Neanderthal ex footballer who just wants to "put it up" the opposition.

The owners have a long term plan for the future of this club and that is something I am grateful for and whilst I'm as upset as everyone else regarding recent performances I'm interested to see how this new approach works out.

As for the players not liking the fact he's never played professionally himself they need to get over themselves, would you be as accepting of their behaviour (your assumption) if a female coach had been appointed?

Anyway, good to see you back!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Hi Sid, firstly good to see you are back with us hopefully on the mend again.

Regarding the new appointment why do you think it will end in tears? There is absolutely no reason why a person cannot manage a football team if they have never actually played professionally, if as is the case here, they have served their apprenticeship in another way.

I would suggest the fact that his working life has been dedicated to the coaching side of the game at very competitive levels and the roles that he has held have required a level of man management and player development actually make him better qualified for the job than some Neanderthal ex footballer who just wants to "put it up" the opposition.

The owners have a long term plan for the future of this club and that is something I am grateful for and whilst I'm as upset as everyone else regarding recent performances I'm interested to see how this new approach works out.

As for the players not liking the fact he's never played professionally himself they need to get over themselves, would you be as accepting of their behaviour (your assumption) if a female coach had been appointed?

Anyway, good to see you back!
    Wise words. Unfortunately a lot of people struggle with change. And this is a large change for so many reasons. As with all change there is a process to go through, the shock ( when Ardley left) the anger ( right now and will go on for some time) the coming to terms with it ( hopefully when results pick up and people are proven wrong) and the acceptance ( the champions bus parade and trophy presentation!). I am accepting of the appointment and the main reason why is that it is a totally different approach and I have huge confidence in our owners. I remain confident in them. I think Sid has got it wrapped around his tentacles personally but I am sure he will be the first to stand up and be counted if he is proven wrong!

Same here QLD, it's a big change. Change takes time, and a lot change in football happens on training ground. That's what I believe IB needs more than anything. We need to have patience.

Some struggle with change , others demand change all too frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    What odds this bloke lasts until the end of the season?

Any interest in the market yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    Any interest in the market yet?
    Nothing has changed , he's got to get rid of Ardleys deadwood and those that don't or cant adapt to IB's new intended style of play.
    Throw in some new signings and some intensive coaching , then and only then will there be any clarity as to where IB standing truly lies.
    Ok we missed out on a pi55 pot trophy , and we are as before stumbling to a play off place (or maybe not) but this is why IB was bought in to have a blank canvas for next season.
    Any modicum of success at this stage would be welcomed but in the owners eyes I believe would only be an unexpected bonus.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345