+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO the punters on this board.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FAO the punters on this board.

What odds this bloke lasts until the end of the season?

I'm a punter.

Ridiculous post and an even more ridiculous question.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm a punter.

Ridiculous post and an even more ridiculous question.

Ha ha ****medead, irony from one of the board’s complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    IB won't get any of the blame, whatever happens, why should he?

He didn't recruit these players. What is happening now is just a continuation of the poor form we had before, only without the luck we were having.
    Last edited by countygump; 30-03-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    IB won't get any of the blame, whatever happens, why should he?

He didn't recruit these players. What is happening now is just a continuation of the poor form we had before, only without the luck we were having.
    We'd lost 2 matches this year under Ardley. I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and say, bearing in mind how sh*t we have been over many years, that doesn't constitute poor form (although the actual performances may have been poor). I hope the sacking, and in particular the timing of it, doesn't come back to bite us on the bum, but really fear it will.

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    We'd lost 2 matches this year under Ardley. I'm going to stick my head above the parapet and say, bearing in mind how sh*t we have been over many years, that doesn't constitute poor form (although the actual performances may have been poor).
    There has to be the context of a 'poor form poorness factor' introduced here. Is poor form against the likes of Portsmouth and Coventry the same as poor form against the likes of Dover and Aldershot?

Even if we miss the play-offs he'll still last the season and beyond. The judgement of him in earnest will come from the start of next season. If he gets over this poor start and gets us promoted in the meantime the owners will see that as a big bonus, but they won't even be starting the process of judging the manager's performance yet, and rightly so. If the current situation is a reflection on anyone beyond the players, it's on the previous manager.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Even if we miss the play-offs he'll still last the season and beyond. The judgement of him in earnest will come from the start of next season. If he gets over this poor start and gets us promoted in the meantime the owners will see that as a big bonus, but they won't even be starting the process of judging the manager's performance yet, and rightly so. If the current situation is a reflection on anyone beyond the players, it's on the previous manager.
    Well said Jackal, spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    spot on and as it should be. These are the reasons why our owners are somewhat distant from the fan base. However if they stick with it and it does not work out then they have an extremely large problem on their hands.

Ha ha ****medead, irony from one of the board’s complete nutcases.
    Go one then FL where's the irony? When do I ever ask laughably ridiculous questions like you did earlier, especially when it comes to either betting or managerial tenures.

Go....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast