I watched about 20 minutes of it. I could have sworn id seen that game before, not only the England team, but every game in the prem.

The tippy tappy five a side probing, here and there for a weakness. Tactics, keeping shape, keeping the ball, forwards, back, to the side, passing.

Its like a computer print out, predictable, safe and boring. The coaches now have complete control, that tactics now are paramount, every player, at every moment in the game, has to adhere.

No off the cuff, inductive, taking the initiative brilliance here.

Managers used to sign players for there individuality, their ability to produce the undefendable. Not any more, all players are drones, Borgs, assigned to perform by remote.

Kane is outstanding, as far as drones go. There are huge stretches of every game that are unwatchable, there is no physical commitment, any that there is gets punished, there are no long balls.

Its winning by wearing the opposition down.

There is no art, no fantasy as the Italians would say, the ordinary producing ordinary football. There was a player in the England team i knew nothing about, Calvin Phillips, i suppose it had to happen some day. All the names in football league teams are unknown to me.

I watch the big match revisited, i know most of the players on there, and their histories. Luton played QPR recently, with Clive Allen and David Moss on the Luton side.

Moss, what a player, he had more talent than all the England players put together. Allen would run riot today.

As for Phillips i will look him up, he didnt seem any better than that stationary tank Eric Dier. Dier, how did he ever play for England. ? This is the state football is in. The fans keep paying more and more.

For less and less. Where are the Mosses and Allens of today?, they are still around.

This is the crime of pro football, cart horses over racehorses, as Bill Leivers once said.

Maurice of Thetford.