+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hospital Procedure.

Good luck BS, it’s always horrible when your kids are unwell regardless of their age.

It does seem that there’s an awful lot of these auto immune type illnesses are puns these days compared to the past, maybe we’re just better at diagnosing them now?

My wife had the same procedure as me a month ago due to feeling like food was going nowhere and causing great discomfort and she had a different diagnosis to myself, she had inflammation of the stomach lining.

One of the possible causes for this is an auto immune response from the body, it’s just a matter of working out what is causing her issue.

They think it’s most likely to be stress related which is our great hope but if it is her own body attacking her then like with your own daughter, it’s a greater concern.

I hope shes feels better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    You big girls blouses the lot of you
    Glad all your tests procedures etc all went okay

Phobias are very weird things alongside anxiety it’s very strange what the body n mind does

I was just told to get on with things and don’t think my parents would have been too understanding of any phobias fears or anxiety that would have caused issues and would have found a very “persuasive” way to resolve my fears
    The only phobia I have is extreme heights

Having just spent 5 days in Bham Children’s with my daughter it can be awfully stressful if you are anxious
    She unfortunately was diagnosed on Weds with a pretty serious autoimmune issue so had to have a whole load of new experiences such as MRI steroid drips, tablets, injections, blood tests etc

Luckily I am way more patient n understanding as most parents are these days but blimey it was hard work and very stressful with the current COVID stuff going on especially as I haven’t even had a jab yet so I was Uber cautious

Got out yesterday morning which was my birthday, was absolutely exhausted but the boys did help cheer me up a bit yesterday

Life’s a rollercoaster huh ?

Best wishes to your daughter BS. As adults we don’t really care about ourselves when it comes to small children and life is put into perspective.

Hope you have bought her a nice pressie!

Thanks all, for your kind words

I’ve been doing more research and autoimmune issues do seem to be a catch all for a lot of issues
    It is really amazing what our bodies does and can do

Today is the first day my daughter is eating properly and seems happier even if not much more mobile

Mick, I wonder what could be stressing out your dear lady (who lives with you) hmmm
    Hope it’s something that can be resolved quickly
    Al I’m the one owed a pressie was my birthday yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Thanks all, for your kind words

I’ve been doing more research and autoimmune issues do seem to be a catch all for a lot of issues
    It is really amazing what our bodies does and can do

Today is the first day my daughter is eating properly and seems happier even if not much more mobile

Mick, I wonder what could be stressing out your dear lady (who lives with you) hmmm
    Hope it’s something that can be resolved quickly
    Al I’m the one owed a pressie was my birthday yesterday
    It’s our soon to be 29 year old son who’s been the stress of our lives BS 😩

I’ve been an absolute pleasure in comparison!

Great to see this board offering support.
    I also had the endoscopy episode mick buddy, with the similar ‘reflux issues’. Following its conclusion the consultant announced... good news it’s not cancer. In my ignorance I had not considered that there was such a serious possibility! “She who must be obeyed” was, pre her retirement, an NHS ward sister for many years...but I kept my endoscopy secret until the event was over. No doubt she would have filled me in with the various possibilities.
    It is indeed stressful when our children (and grandchildren in our case) are ill. With both our sons overseas (Canada & Oz) it was particularly upsetting (pre Covid) when one of our granddaughters was quite ill with numerous tests. Fortunately matters appear to be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Great to see this board offering support.
    I also had the endoscopy episode mick buddy, with the similar ‘reflux issues’. Following its conclusion the consultant announced... good news it’s not cancer. In my ignorance I had not considered that there was such a serious possibility! “She who must be obeyed” was, pre her retirement, an NHS ward sister for many years...but I kept my endoscopy secret until the event was over. No doubt she would have filled me in with the various possibilities.
    It is indeed stressful when our children (and grandchildren in our case) are ill. With both our sons overseas (Canada & Oz) it was particularly upsetting (pre Covid) when one of our granddaughters was quite ill with numerous tests. Fortunately matters appear to be resolved.
    Did you have the sedation Prando?

I won’t blink about future procedures if I can have a shot of Midazolam beforehand, it must have the same “qualities” as Rohypnol 👀

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Did you have the sedation Prando?

I won’t blink about future procedures if I can have a shot of Midazolam beforehand, it must have the same “qualities” as Rohypnol 👀
    No, I wasn’t offered it !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)