+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allan Russell joins up

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Can't wait to see him working alongside our resident goal machine, Calum Hendry.

I wonder what he would think of our forward players now. Probably hand in his notice!

I'd like to think that whilst he might be able to get in Steve Bull or whoever plays for england these days, he should have enough contacts to get decent young players in, even if on loan.

This is where the real hard work begins for Allan Russell. Trying to get and end product out of a very low scoring team will be a fantastic achievement if it suddenly changes. If we score 2 goals in a match then job done as even though we mostly don’t look like scoring once we never look like adding another. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    This is where the real hard work begins for Allan Russell. Trying to get and end product out of a very low scoring team will be a fantastic achievement if it suddenly changes. If we score 2 goals in a match then job done as even though we mostly don’t look like scoring once we never look like adding another. Good luck
    We will need to see chances created first, which has been sorely lacking this year.

Quote Originally Posted by phuxachemin View Post
    We will need to see chances created first, which has been sorely lacking this year.
    Yep agreed. I still believe you can’t play Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorie in the midfield together if you want to be more attacking. They are decent enough players and will get better with age but never attacking midfielders or have the know how to open defences in a million years. We have signed too many defensive midfielders over the last few years and that has hindered our attack. I hope Glass rectifies the balance of our team set up so we are far more positive next season.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Yep agreed. I still believe you can’t play Lewis Ferguson and Ross McCrorie in the midfield together if you want to be more attacking. They are decent enough players and will get better with age but never attacking midfielders or have the know how to open defences in a million years. We have signed too many defensive midfielders over the last few years and that has hindered our attack. I hope Glass rectifies the balance of our team set up so we are far more positive next season.
    I'd probably say they can if played the right way in the right formation with McCrorie sitting and Ferguson giving the freedom as a box to box with 2 up top and 2 wide or three behind one up top.

I'm sick of seeing us having our three centre midfielders all dropping to pick up the ball from the defenders (if it's not punted),

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    I'd probably say they can if played the right way in the right formation with McCrorie sitting and Ferguson giving the freedom as a box to box with 2 up top and 2 wide or three behind one up top.

I'm sick of seeing us having our three centre midfielders all dropping to pick up the ball from the defenders (if it's not punted),
    Ferguson and McCrorie can work. Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell definitely can’t.

Have to think we’ll be playing with 2 strikers potentially next season if we’re paying a full time forwards coach?

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post

I think we should be looking to sign a couple of attacking midfielders and shift some of our defensive ones on. Ferguson and McCrorie are not natural attacking midfielders and should be used for their own strengths when the new team needs them. We shouldn’t build a team to shoehorn them both into it next season. I still think Ferguson will be moving on (sold) and for the sake of being more attacking minded it might be for the best.

I don't see why Ferguson can't be box to box, with McCrorie as AA says. In any case McCrorie is such good cover for a variety of positions I don't see him being shifted, and not sure why we'd punt Ferguson unless it was for big money.

I'd expect all 3 to still be here next season, albeit not on the pitch at the same time necessarily.

Of the 3, Campbell is the one most likely to make a pass through the lines from what we've seen this season.

Good tae read positive comments on Campbell. For me, in wee flashes, he has shown he has great potential creatively. Otherwise, disregarding the odd mistake - which even the greatest of players will make occasionally, he is pretty solid.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast