Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
Good tae read positive comments on Campbell. For me, in wee flashes, he has shown he has great potential creatively. Otherwise, disregarding the odd mistake - which even the greatest of players will make occasionally, he is pretty solid.
This. I've been seeing a more " freeplaying" Campbell. emerging in the last few games ?

Seems , to me , that ?Deek has always restrained his middielders from their attacking instincts. All that sideways , sideways , backward passing MUST have been coached into his teams ??

Look at the differnce with players that have left. From highlights of games would you not rhink thst Kenny McLean , and the rat have magically converted i to better forward playing players ?

I reckon Campbell may just blossom with some crestive encouragement. Won't cost us much to find thst out.

Same with Bruce Anderson .

As to the Brown " conundrum" . Probably look at playing McRorie at Centre Half ? With Alan Hansen style permit to marauforward at times. Leaving Ferguson as sitting cm. Brown would have a free role to pick the ball up and splay it about , or csrry it forward a bit. And genersly point about a lot !!! Campbell may well fit in as a forward val carrier .

But , ys , It would be an improvement if we found a good ball carrying sttacking/creative midfielder. Which team wouldn't ? A replacement for Scott Wright to pair up with Hedges is the ideal. Easy said !!!