+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Allan Russell joins up

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    I don't see why Ferguson can't be box to box, with McCrorie as AA says. In any case McCrorie is such good cover for a variety of positions I don't see him being shifted, and not sure why we'd punt Ferguson unless it was for big money.

I'd expect all 3 to still be here next season, albeit not on the pitch at the same time necessarily.

Of the 3, Campbell is the one most likely to make a pass through the lines from what we've seen this season.
    Something will have to give because Scott Brown will be playing. I don’t see Brown, Ferguson, McCrorie and Campbell obviously playing together but as it’s a squad game one of them will be in the team with Brown for the start of matches.

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Good tae read positive comments on Campbell. For me, in wee flashes, he has shown he has great potential creatively. Otherwise, disregarding the odd mistake - which even the greatest of players will make occasionally, he is pretty solid.
    This. I've been seeing a more " freeplaying" Campbell. emerging in the last few games ?

Seems , to me , that ?Deek has always restrained his middielders from their attacking instincts. All that sideways , sideways , backward passing MUST have been coached into his teams ??

Look at the differnce with players that have left. From highlights of games would you not rhink thst Kenny McLean , and the rat have magically converted i to better forward playing players ?

I reckon Campbell may just blossom with some crestive encouragement. Won't cost us much to find thst out.

Same with Bruce Anderson .

As to the Brown " conundrum" . Probably look at playing McRorie at Centre Half ? With Alan Hansen style permit to marauforward at times. Leaving Ferguson as sitting cm. Brown would have a free role to pick the ball up and splay it about , or csrry it forward a bit. And genersly point about a lot !!! Campbell may well fit in as a forward val carrier .

But , ys , It would be an improvement if we found a good ball carrying sttacking/creative midfielder. Which team wouldn't ? A replacement for Scott Wright to pair up with Hedges is the ideal. Easy said !!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    This. I've been seeing a more " freeplaying" Campbell. emerging in the last few games ?

Seems , to me , that ?Deek has always restrained his middielders from their attacking instincts. All that sideways , sideways , backward passing MUST have been coached into his teams ??

Look at the differnce with players that have left. From highlights of games would you not rhink thst Kenny McLean , and the rat have magically converted i to better forward playing players ?

I reckon Campbell may just blossom with some crestive encouragement. Won't cost us much to find thst out.

Same with Bruce Anderson .

As to the Brown " conundrum" . Probably look at playing McRorie at Centre Half ? With Alan Hansen style permit to marauforward at times. Leaving Ferguson as sitting cm. Brown would have a free role to pick the ball up and splay it about , or csrry it forward a bit. And genersly point about a lot !!! Campbell may well fit in as a forward val carrier .

But , ys , It would be an improvement if we found a good ball carrying sttacking/creative midfielder. Which team wouldn't ? A replacement for Scott Wright to pair up with Hedges is the ideal. Easy said !!!
    I've said before that I think McCrorie might get used as a central defender, or even at right back. Whatever it is, I hope he gets settled in one position - I don't think it's good when he's midfield one week, right back next week, and central defence the week after as you need to get used to a specific role to perform consistently.

Remember we've also got McGeouch sitting on the bench, probably on a pretty high wage, and by all accounts he is possibly the best midfielder of the lot. I've got a feeling he might get shifted on - although if Ferguson does leave, maybe he'll be kept. Until we know what formation he's hoping to play next season it's hard to predict who will be able to fit in, but we have certainly got at least 1 too many defensive minded midfielders. (Just remembered that Ojo is still actually under contract, and the young lad Virtanen plays that position too)

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I've said before that I think McCrorie might get used as a central defender, or even at right back. Whatever it is, I hope he gets settled in one position - I don't think it's good when he's midfield one week, right back next week, and central defence the week after as you need to get used to a specific role to perform consistently.

Remember we've also got McGeouch sitting on the bench, probably on a pretty high wage, and by all accounts he is possibly the best midfielder of the lot. I've got a feeling he might get shifted on - although if Ferguson does leave, maybe he'll be kept. Until we know what formation he's hoping to play next season it's hard to predict who will be able to fit in, but we have certainly got at least 1 too many defensive minded midfielders. (Just remembered that Ojo is still actually under contract, and the young lad Virtanen plays that position too)
    true, true. I saw the "young lad" Virtanen playing in pre season last time "we" were in Cork. Looked decent and was pushing forward. ( Mind, we were up against really tough side too !! Connahs Quay !! ) I think we also need to stop calling our "younger " players young now tho? Him, Campbell , Anderson are all 20 plus ? Take a look at the Borossia v M.Citeh game last night. How young were the scorers ?? 17 & 20 !!!

Been punted from his England job for letting his drunk brother drive his car

In the sun but not posting the link

Yep all starting to make sense now.

Wonder why he ended up with us. Scott Brown really needs to step up when he arrives.

IF there is a positive side to it, at least he won't miss so much of his duties up here now.
    Wonder what statement we will see coming from AFC on this one.

I’m guessing it’s something as simple as England want someone who can concentrate fully on the job. Especially with the euro’s coming up.

What a bloody ridiculous law.

Fined for not drinking and driving.

World’s gone mad I tell ya.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast