+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam Allerdyce update

Very easy on the eye and certainly not dinosaur football as some on here would have you believe. As I have stated a few times it is a necessity to keep Allardyce next season, I worry terribly tho that Lai will asset strip when we go down, which we will by the way.

Anyone who thinks Fat Sam is a dinosaur and plays hoofball clearly hasn’t got a clue about football and is fixated on an outdated agenda against the bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Anyone who thinks Fat Sam is a dinosaur and plays hoofball clearly hasn’t got a clue about football and is fixated on an outdated agenda against the bloke.
    Looks like his appointments of Lee, Stockdale and Morrison is beginning to work out as well. Shame if this team of coaches is broken up.

I saw a post somewhere again the other day where the stereotypical "Dinosaur" "Eleven men behind the ball" comments came out, and I don't think I've ever seen that with his set up. Some managers are more defensive minded, others more free flowing but I honestly think you get a good balance with Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I just hope that today wasn’t just a case of certain players deciding that it is time to put themselves in the shop window......?
    Your such a cynic Ketts buddy.....

I thought exactly the same !

The Chinaman has earned a few more with Pereira’s new price !!

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Your such a cynic Ketts buddy.....

I thought exactly the same !

The Chinaman has earned a few more with Pereira’s new price !!
    He'll have to do it week in week out for any Premiership club to be interested though.

Whilst Allardyce has made us fitter, and in the last few games we have been more hard to beat he was employed to win games and before today we’ve just not done that enough.
    Before today’s mauling of Chelsea we had scored only once in five games and failed to beat both Fulham and Newcastle at home. Our only wins under Allardyce prior to today was v Wolves and Brighton who concocted to miss 2 penalties.
    In reality there is very little evidence that Allardyce is the right man to take us forward, his points per game is appalling, except for the odd result like today there is has been nothing really to shout about.
    The ridiculous tactics of sitting back when leading against Sheff Utd and Fulham, his strange substitutions and the scandalous under use of our best finisher in Robinson are sackable offences in themselves
    Today’s game was an absolute pleasure to watch in what has been a dismal and upsetting season.
    For the handful of decent performances under Allardyce there has been some poor shows v Aston Villa, Leeds, Arsenal, Blackpool ( which was a disgrace), Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Palace ( which as a must win game was pathetic) and Spurs away.
    So for me, yes I enjoyed today immensely and Allardyce and the whole team should be praised but I’ve seen very little to jump aboard the Allardyce love in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    Whilst Allardyce has made us fitter, and in the last few games we have been more hard to beat he was employed to win games and before today we’ve just not done that enough.
    Before today’s mauling of Chelsea we had scored only once in five games and failed to beat both Fulham and Newcastle at home. Our only wins under Allardyce prior to today was v Wolves and Brighton who concocted to miss 2 penalties.
    In reality there is very little evidence that Allardyce is the right man to take us forward, his points per game is appalling, except for the odd result like today there is has been nothing really to shout about.
    The ridiculous tactics of sitting back when leading against Sheff Utd and Fulham, his strange substitutions and the scandalous under use of our best finisher in Robinson are sackable offences in themselves
    Today’s game was an absolute pleasure to watch in what has been a dismal and upsetting season.
    For the handful of decent performances under Allardyce there has been some poor shows v Aston Villa, Leeds, Arsenal, Blackpool ( which was a disgrace), Sheff Utd, Newcastle, Palace ( which as a must win game was pathetic) and Spurs away.
    So for me, yes I enjoyed today immensely and Allardyce and the whole team should be praised but I’ve seen very little to jump aboard the Allardyce love in.

Bilic was a gentleman and a lovable guy - I am sticking with the team that won promotion he said! Bilic persevered with Sawyers and Livermore and kept faith with dud strikers.

I didn’t particularly want Fat Sam but nobody could have turned this team around over night. The midfield is decent now and we have a better striker. Sadly had Fat Sam been around at the start of the season with this team we would not be where we are.

So let’s say the choice is Fat Sam with a very lucrative incentive to get us back up or Appleton or another ex random West Brom player - for me I would put my trust in Fat Sam!

Put it this way - Fat Sam would not hang around if he didn’t think he could get us up first time!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Bilic was a gentleman and a lovable guy - I am sticking with the team that won promotion he said! Bilic persevered with Sawyers and Livermore and kept faith with dud strikers.

I didn’t particularly want Fat Sam but nobody could have turned this team around over night. The midfield is decent now and we have a better striker. Sadly had Fat Sam been around at the start of the season with this team we would not be where we are.

So let’s say the choice is Fat Sam with a very lucrative incentive to get us back up or Appleton or another ex random West Brom player - for me I would put my trust in Fat Sam!

Put it this way - Fat Sam would not hang around if he didn’t think he could get us up first time!
    I respect your view as always, that’s what makes this forum so good, everyone has a genuine and sincere comment to make.

The first 5 or 6 games under Sam were putrid. Team spirit had evaporated, no organisation or effort and we got steamrollered by Villa, Leeds, Arsenal yo name a few. That would not happen today. He brought in quality - best IMO has been Yosoklu. But Snodgrass, Diagne and Maitland- N have all done ok. We are now solidarity at the back 9even with the same players) - although still prone to the odd error. But we seem up for the fight. Like many I was not enthused by Big Sam’s arrival but fair yo the guy he knows what he’s doing and a club like the Albion could well be his level.

If he’s backed next season ..... and it’s a very big if with the Chinaman still around ... then I am very optimistic we will come straight back up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)