+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Diddy Dumbarton v The goal scoring virgins

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    We could also include Campbell, Ojo, Mc Geoch and Virtanen in an experimental 2-7-1 formation to really solidify that midfield

A 2-7-1 formation. I am sure that the club who has taken Ojo can have him in the summer. The lad was just useless and it would be best for everyone when he has his contract terminated.

I can see McCrorie being deployed in defence next season as we've already got a heap of defensive midfielders. I still think Ferguson might be off too - if McInnes gets a job down south he'll be straight in for him.

With Campbell I've always felt he's a bit too nice - maybe Brown will be able to sort that out. He is tidy enough on the ball. He is guilty of playing sideways a bit too much, but to be fair to the boy, he's usually playing alongside 2 other defensive midfielders, so he's only ever going to have 2 wingers and a lone striker to aim at in terms of forward passes. He would probably be better (as would the other current midfielders) if there were attacking midfielders alongside them. Early in the season, Ferguson and McCrorie could pick the ball up deep and they always had Hedges and Wright ahead of them trying to find space to receive a pass. That immediately makes the defensive midfielders look better as they can play forward a bit easier.

Our wide players have been hopeless this season - Kennedy is abysmal, comes inside and runs across the pitch every time. McLennan is just generally clueless and has a horrendous touch for a professional footballer.

The boy Ramsay put in more decent crosses in the first half than our wingers have all season. He did look a good prospect, but hard to judge in a game against lower league opposition where he didn't really have to do any defending.

Ethan Ross looked okay, but I can see him being another Cammy Smith. Scott Wright had electric pace and ability to get by a man - Ross looks a bit slower like Smith was, decent player but not sure he's going to carve defences open in the SPL. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I can see McCrorie being deployed in defence next season as we've already got a heap of defensive midfielders. I still think Ferguson might be off too - if McInnes gets a job down south he'll be straight in for him.

With Campbell I've always felt he's a bit too nice - maybe Brown will be able to sort that out. He is tidy enough on the ball. He is guilty of playing sideways a bit too much, but to be fair to the boy, he's usually playing alongside 2 other defensive midfielders, so he's only ever going to have 2 wingers and a lone striker to aim at in terms of forward passes. He would probably be better (as would the other current midfielders) if there were attacking midfielders alongside them. Early in the season, Ferguson and McCrorie could pick the ball up deep and they always had Hedges and Wright ahead of them trying to find space to receive a pass. That immediately makes the defensive midfielders look better as they can play forward a bit easier.

Our wide players have been hopeless this season - Kennedy is abysmal, comes inside and runs across the pitch every time. McLennan is just generally clueless and has a horrendous touch for a professional footballer.

The boy Ramsay put in more decent crosses in the first half than our wingers have all season. He did look a good prospect, but hard to judge in a game against lower league opposition where he didn't really have to do any defending.

Ethan Ross looked okay, but I can see him being another Cammy Smith. Scott Wright had electric pace and ability to get by a man - Ross looks a bit slower like Smith was, decent player but not sure he's going to carve defences open in the SPL. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
    Agree with most of this. I just hope the young lads get a decent chance to show what they can do rather than a few, often sub’s, appearances before being deemed not good enough. The McCrorie shout could be a good one. We need more pace at the back and, in the absence of a pacy centre half coming in (Gallagher is good but not quick), I think Glass might look at using McCrorie there.

Our wide players have been poor but, assuming Glass approaches games in a more positive way, I think Kennedy at least deserves another season to prove he’s worth keeping. Hopefully Hayes also finds a bit of form. However, like most people, I canna see a regular first team player in McLennan!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112