+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southampton v Burnley Match Preview

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Looks like Ings made the difference, a goal and an assist. Thought this was a tea time kick off again and missed the first half.
    there's an idea, we can replay it later then - Kriti.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Looks like Ings made the difference, a goal and an assist. Thought this was a tea time kick off again and missed the first half.
    Not really Kriti.We were well in control until Pieters was subbed then we completely imploded.The usual Mee clanger together with a Lowton blunder for their first goal and in the second half they completely outplayed us in every department.Ings was on form but so were there complete forward line after 28 minutes.Could have easily been 5-2 or 6-2 if they had been more clinical.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Not really Kriti.We were well in control until Pieters was subbed then we completely imploded.The usual Mee clanger together with a Lowton blunder for their first goal and in the second half they completely outplayed us in every department.Ings was on form but so were there complete forward line after 28 minutes.Could have easily been 5-2 or 6-2 if they had been more clinical.
    If Wood and Jay Rod did what they should have,towards the end of the game, we would have got something out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    If Wood and Jay Rod did what they should have,towards the end of the game, we would have got something out of the game.
    I did not see Jayrod`s effort Malwayne as my stream was not perfect.Wood had the header and a strike which was saved.

I think the end score was kind to us - they made a poor start, but as soon as they came to life....even with the two goals...was still theirs for the taking...Pope kept us in it till the end..and last 10, they defended it out and we were all over them- but lobbing hopefuls into the box....was a waste - we could've nicked a point., there was another Penalty shout (shirt pulling)...but as our earlier pen was questionable - would we have deserved it ?....nah, we just made a mediocre team seem half decent.

I don't know why he doesn't risk playing with three forwards when there is nothing to lose, he should have kept Vydra on with JRod and Wood. 3-3 would have been a point, 4-2 just a slightly worse GD.

Brighton leading united 0-1...took united 51mins to get a shot on goal....fans saying they've forgotten how to play football, Brighton couldn't have had it easier....30 mins remain.

Edit: first decent bit of play....and ManU equalise.
    Last edited by Norder; 04-04-2021 at 08:01 PM.

United win - 2-1

Little consolation, the MOTD pundits said we should have had a pen, after spending 5 mins praising Ings. We would have won if ings hadn't been playing. I also think the first 2 goals weren't as bad as said on here, not so much defensive errors I think it was more their players' skills but the third goal was a gift, their forward totally unmarked in acres of space, he was just waiting for the ball. However the bottom line is you shouldn't concede a game from being 2 goals up. I blame Dyche for this one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)