+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a strange game it is

What a strange game it is

Zanzala scoring regularly for Carlisle. Now there is a surprise.

And Vadaine Oliver doing the same for Gillingham.... in League 1!

The two who got away, I always thought that Oliver was the unlucky one and should have been given another contract. Zanzala always had the ability to score goals he proved that at Morecambe, so not surprised he is doing well at Carlisle. but he didn't quite fit with our style of play and maybe league 2 is a better fit, but good luck to him.

Accy before us wasn't it?

I’m not sure many of us were either surprised or especially upset when Oliver was released- after all, he left 5 years ago and has hardly pulled up trees since in League 2 or the National League (26 goals in 172 appearances) but I guess Gillingham like a big fella or 3 up front to suit their odious manager’s style. Good luck to the chap, but I’m quite sure he wouldn’t fit our play as well as Ports or Mika do.

As for Zanzala, if he couldn’t get in ahead of Dale or Powell - and was released in favour of bringing Walker back - then that tells you all you need to know! After all, Dan Udoh’s scored 3 times for Shrewsbury this season but I wouldn’t say we missed out!

Horses for courses, and we prefer thoroughbreds (sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Accy before us wasn't it?
    Could have been Accy

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    Could have been Accy
    It was indeed.