+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Burnley break even..

Burnley break even..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56625740

I can't see that the contract clauses of reduced wages following relegation mean much, the best players will just want to leave anyway so any savings will be transitory.

I'm usually an optimist where Burnley FC are concerned, but lately I'm starting to worry.

Tarkowski looks to be leaving, Dyche off to Palace and nothing to contradict this from Pace.

The $hit starts here!

"The accounts also contain details of how the club aims to become more sustainable: "All new equipment purchases or stadium and facility upgrades are procured with energy reduction in mind.
    "Existing infrastructure is under constant review to seek out opportunities for more energy efficient alternatives. Recent improvements include replacing office space lighting with LED alternatives and replacing diesel-fuelled company vehicles with hybrid vehicles."

Jesus feckin wept, we've been taken over by Eco-Loons, we'll be the most energy efficient club in the Championship. Beam me up Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "The accounts also contain details of how the club aims to become more sustainable: "All new equipment purchases or stadium and facility upgrades are procured with energy reduction in mind.
    "Existing infrastructure is under constant review to seek out opportunities for more energy efficient alternatives. Recent improvements include replacing office space lighting with LED alternatives and replacing diesel-fuelled company vehicles with hybrid vehicles."

Jesus feckin wept, we've been taken over by Eco-Loons, we'll be the most energy efficient club in the Championship. Beam me up Scotty.
    I therefore presume Pace & Co will be sailing backwards and forwards from the States.Hypocritical to say the least.

We are deep in the brown stuff once the guy with the magic money tree starts talking about environmental sustainability.

I want to hear about four new signings you fecking eejit, not LED lights and electric vehicles. FFS!

Why can't we have Rishi as the Chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We are deep in the brown stuff once the guy with the magic money tree starts talking about environmental sustainability.

I want to hear about four new signings you fecking eejit, not LED lights and electric vehicles. FFS!

Why can't we have Rishi as the Chairman?
    This new lot sounds like a bunch of social Justice Woke nutters from America. I know it's early days but I don't see this ending well for either the club or us supporters; that by the way Love BFC. I do not understand the thinking; do they not understand how much money you lose when relegated, not to mention players etc?? Are they planning on owning a lower division club or what? I suppose what I am saying is "what's the vision"?

The vision Dd is LED lights and electric vehicles.

Think of all the money we can save going eco friendly, in about 20 years we'll be able to buy Aguero, mind you he'll be in his fifties by then.

I hear that our first new sigining is going to be Greta Thunberg!

She must be a goalie, nothing gets past her.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)