+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Masters

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Well lads, av ed another windfall this weekend in the betting. I had a nice treble come up on Friday in the 3o'clockers and also I backed 1-1 against Reading quite heavily.

On the back of that I decided to go with a punt on Justin Thomas to win the Masters @12/1. He laiked exceptionally well at Sawgrass but my main bet will be made after day 2 when ive seen the contenders.
    Nice one Pass well done. A bit of a win is very cheering isnt it?

What do you think about Rory's chances and his price at 18/1?
    Im thinking hell be determined to get the grand slam of majors although this hasnt been his best competition by far.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Nice one Pass well done. A bit of a win is very cheering isnt it?

What do you think about Rory's chances and his price at 18/1?
    Im thinking hell be determined to get the grand slam of majors although this hasnt been his best competition by far.
    Cheers mate, indeed it is.

Rory is well capable as we know. However, his problem is stringing together 4 consistent rounds of golf in the Majors. Can't see him winning the Masters to be honest Eths, his head hasn't been right fo a few years now and it's hard to put your finger on what's exactly wrong. Its almost like he puts himself under too much pressure at times and it's to his detriment. I've noticed that when he has a bad hole, he tends to try and over compensate on the following holes which generally leads to more trouble and before you know it he's put himself out of contention. I hope I'm totally wrong and he tears it up, I just can't see it happening in all honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Cheers mate, indeed it is.

Rory is well capable as we know. However, his problem is stringing together 4 consistent rounds of golf in the Majors. Can't see him winning the Masters to be honest Eths, his head hasn't been right fo a few years now and it's hard to put your finger on what's exactly wrong. Its almost like he puts himself under too much pressure at times and it's to his detriment. I've noticed that when he has a bad hole, he tends to try and over compensate on the following holes which generally leads to more trouble and before you know it he's put himself out of contention. I hope I'm totally wrong and he tears it up, I just can't see it happening in all honesty.
    Thanks for your opinion pass.

I dont really follow golf that much, our Open and Ryder cup are exceptions though.

I might have a look at John Rahm then , I would like a European to win just to keep those gobby Yanks quiet.

Just seen the cause of Tigers crash was excessive speed, doing about twice the speed limit in a 45 mph zone. Dick!

Glad hes going to be OK though.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Thanks for your opinion pass.

I dont really follow golf that much, our Open and Ryder cup are exceptions though.

I might have a look at John Rahm then , I would like a European to win just to keep those gobby Yanks quiet.

Just seen the cause of Tigers crash was excessive speed, doing about twice the speed limit in a 45 mph zone. Dick!

Glad hes going to be OK though.

Rahm is always a good shout Eths, class player. Unfortunately it's just his temperament where there's a question mark. If he can overcome that as he matures he will be a regular winner of top events imo.

It's tough going art theear today. Most of the top players struggling. If tha gets a sub par round thaz done well today. Justin Rose is on -4 as I speak and through Amen corner, the eagle he had on 8th set him off. Good luck to him

Ezzit stopped leetnin yit ? Would Luvvit if Rose could winnit

I hope Rose wins too Roma, tough ask from 4 shots behind but I reckon the Jap will bottle it Greg Norman style. Can Rose shoot a 68/69? That's what's needed to win it imo

I've not watched any of it so far and haven't even bothered with a bet .

I don't know what it is with me this year because I've watched it religiously since I was kid .

If Rose can get himself in massive contention tonight I might tune in but I ain't missing Line Of Duty at 9pm for owt .

A turned itoff , fust time av done that in fotty yrs ? Not same and no excitement , pleased for that Cumberland lad winningit tho !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12