+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben Mee-The Clangers.

If Wood and Jay Rod would have both scored late on in the game, when they should have, we would have won it. Why did Jay Rod get down his knees to head the ball. Had he stayed upright, he could have just lashed it in.

I'm gutted. We should not have lost that game. Poor defending from Lowton for the first, abysmal from Mee for the second and still some f*cking eejits think he should be involved with the England team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm gutted. We should not have lost that game. Poor defending from Lowton for the first, abysmal from Mee for the second and still some f*cking eejits think he should be involved with the England team.
    That was just another example of exactly why he has never been involved with the England team.He makes too many costly mistakes no matter how good he is a lot of the time.The best defenders do not make schoolboy mistakes like that one today which completely gave the Saints the advantage. Lowton`s mistake for the first goal was not much better either.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    That was just another example of exactly why he has never been involved with the England team.He makes too many costly mistakes no matter how good he is a lot of the time.The best defenders do not make schoolboy mistakes like that one today which completely gave the Saints the advantage. Lowton`s mistake for the first goal was not much better either.
    We chucked three points in the bin today. I'm gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We chucked three points in the bin today. I'm gutted.
    Me too but in the end we were beaten by the better team.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Me too but in the end we were beaten by the better team.
    Dyche called it careless - I bet he was livid teams at this level don’t and shouldn’t let teams back into games from a 2-0 lead - you close the game out and wait for a 3rd opportunity , reality is we were reckless and stupid gave them the impetus and then rolled over for our tummy’s tickled.

Do we think any of our team have heard of a pro foul , Lowton dithered on their breakaway near their area ( bring him down - don’t let them go ).
    Mee same again even when he’d made a mess of it , opportunity to bring Ings down and didn’t ( I’ve said it before we are the nicest team in the league ).

Pressure is back on us - Newcastle coming for a cup final next week - I hope Sean gets the big stick out this week at training.

I think that game showed us why we are where we are. We're just not that good individually by PL standards and it catches us out now and again. Mostly the collective effort papers over the cracks, but it won't do it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think that game showed us why we are where we are. We're just not that good individually by PL standards and it catches us out now and again. Mostly the collective effort papers over the cracks, but it won't do it every time.
    Precisely Sinkov. All the team effort in the world is sometimes never enough against superior technically gifted opposition.Fortunately Fulham were equally as naive against Villa later on but we should not count on other results going our way.We need to beat Newcastle next week and that result yesterday together with their draw against Spurs will give them lots of confidence coming to the Turf.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Dyche called it careless - I bet he was livid teams at this level don’t and shouldn’t let teams back into games from a 2-0 lead - you close the game out and wait for a 3rd opportunity , reality is we were reckless and stupid gave them the impetus and then rolled over for our tummy’s tickled.

Do we think any of our team have heard of a pro foul , Lowton dithered on their breakaway near their area ( bring him down - don’t let them go ).
    Mee same again even when he’d made a mess of it , opportunity to bring Ings down and didn’t ( I’ve said it before we are the nicest team in the league ).

Pressure is back on us - Newcastle coming for a cup final next week - I hope Sean gets the big stick out this week at training.
    Totally agree with you Army, at premier league level you should never lose having gained a two goal advantage playing away. As for Dyche being livid, it appear to me from his interviews that he accepted this as one of those things that happen. We need a good performance against Newcastle next week, and I am hoping that Vydra's injury will not keep him out, as He and Wood seem to be establishing a good partnership.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)