+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Luton Town v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yes its an unbelievable set of successive away wins int it Animal, in what will surely go down amazingly in our history of 'Seasons'. And thats whether we make the Play offs or not.

I DID think we would turn it up a bit today and win because we needed to, and it allegedly meant more to us than Luton, and we have a very good record away to this team.

The Middlesbrough home game this week becomes even more massive now!.
    Just my opinion but I do feel we need to get away from a play off place or a near miss is an achievement .

The only show in town should be winning the play off final .

We all know what it feels like to lose the Championship Play Off Final and the implications afterwards .

This group of players and the HC are more than capable of delivering that prize .

Our fans need to ditch the inferiority complex , we are here by right .

Plucky hard lines doesn't work for me , we may never get another opportunity .

I know this may not be how other posters see it and I respect that but opportunity knocks very rarely for us at this level and once it's gone you've many years living with it .

Im still not sure why your not exactly a fan of Val, Roma.
    For me, although Id never heard of him and I was disappointed in his appointment to begin with, hes definitely what we needed as a Coach after the poor position Struber left us in.
    By the sounds of it he is good at man management and while Im sure we all do have questions about a lot of his selections, the results do seem to keep backing up his ideas.
    Whether he proves to be a one season wonder in time, or whether he leaves us for a so called bigger and better club, well who knows.
    I thought it was a bit of tongue in cheek from Roma.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I thought it was a bit of tongue in cheek from Roma.
    It might have been Doggy, but I think Roma also said in a recent thread that this bloke isnt his cup of tea (or words to that effect).
    Thats fine of course, Im just interested to ask why thats all.

Im still not sure why your not exactly a fan of Val, Roma.
    For me, although Id never heard of him and I was disappointed in his appointment to begin with, hes definitely what we needed as a Coach after the poor position Struber left us in.
    By the sounds of it he is good at man management and while Im sure we all do have questions about a lot of his selections, the results do seem to keep backing up his ideas.
    Whether he proves to be a one season wonder in time, or whether he leaves us for a so called bigger and better club, well who knows.
    There’s no question of his record here. It’s Phenomenal. I’m not his biggest critic, nor his biggest fan. He’s got us winning, and that’s great. For some that’s all that matters.
    The big man we wanted up front is doing his job, but it’s Diminished the flowing on the floor football that we played earlier in the season. We all agree we needed a big man up front, but I fear that the attractive, passing football we were enjoying has been sacrificed.
    I sat there today thinking “I’m not enjoying this game...., it’s bang, hoof and head tennis again....Clearance out of defence to no one...”
    when we played it on the floor we scored. Strange, but I’m not enjoying it as much. Maybe it’s because we can’t go.......
    How ungrateful am I?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    There’s no question of his record here. It’s Phenomenal. I’m not his biggest critic, nor his biggest fan. He’s got us winning, and that’s great. For some that’s all that matters.
    The big man we wanted up front is doing his job, but it’s Diminished the flowing on the floor football that we played earlier in the season. We all agree we needed a big man up front, but I fear that the attractive, passing football we were enjoying has been sacrificed.
    I sat there today thinking “I’m not enjoying this game...., it’s bang, hoof and head tennis again....Clearance out of defence to no one...”
    when we played it on the floor we scored. Strange, but I’m not enjoying it as much. Maybe it’s because we can’t go.......
    How ungrateful am I?
    Thas reight Jules - all down now to who makes the least mistakes as clear we and teams around us can score goals...with the possible exception of Swansea, they had some lucky late wins / penalties. A week ago was thinking we could finish 5th or 7th now 4th or 7th. Another big game against Boro they have to go for broke now, but it's all in our hands still as we are not playing catch

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    How ungrateful am I?
    I understand it Jules because for most of our time following this club we've always tried to play football .

The question is , what is the right kind of football ? .

40 passes going sideways and a possession based game ?

Asking players to play out from the back because it's the fashion even though those at the elite level continuously feck up .

A work mate rang me following the Reading game on friday , he's a Liverpool fan and he thoroughly enjoyed our game against the Royals , massively impressed with us .

Mad as a fecking box of frogs your mob he said with the risks you take with that high defensive line but thoroughly enjoyable too , risk and reward football personified .

It's a funny old game .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I understand it Jules because for most of our time following this club we've always tried to play football .

The question is , what is the right kind of football ? .

40 passes going sideways and a possession based game ?

Asking players to play out from the back because it's the fashion even though those at the elite level continuously feck up .

A work mate rang me following the Reading game on friday , he's a Liverpool fan and he thoroughly enjoyed our game against the Royals , massively impressed with us .

Mad as a fecking box of frogs your mob he said with the risks you take with that high defensive line but thoroughly enjoyable too , risk and reward football personified .

It's a funny old game .
    Funny game, your right .......I expected you to say “it doesn’t matter as long as we are taking points” I’d like it if we played out the box....... anything but as tennis and Hoof. We never did pass sideways for 40 though.....
    Although I can think of a club not far away that got promoted doing it.

I guess I don’t want to go up and then be thrashed weekly.

That worries me as well Jules!.
    I ask myself do I really want to see us go up to the Prem, and have possibly the worst ever record there!.

But, what has all this brilliant run of form and wins been about ehh, isn't it now about getting to and winning the Play offs ?.
    As we've seen before, losing in a Play off Final can be deathly.
    I want to see us go all the way this season if possible, and we'll deal with the Prem if and when etc.

Mike McCarthy
    Radio Sheffield..

Captain Alex Mowatt says the win was a game plan of basics and the Reds deserved it.
    Confirms he should have taken the penalty Dike missed, and got a telling off from Ismael for not doing so. Won’t make the same decision again.

Ismael keen to point out the contribution of Toby Sibbick, says today was his best game and he was man of the match. Switched the CBs in the second half to deal with Cornick.

That worries me as well Jules!.
    I ask myself do I really want to see us go up to the Prem, and have possibly the worst ever record there!.

But, what has all this brilliant run of form and wins been about ehh, isn't it now about getting to and winning the Play offs ?.
    As we've seen before, losing in a Play off Final can be deathly.
    I want to see us go all the way this season if possible, and we'll deal with the Prem if and when etc.
    If losing every week in the PL with the occasional win made us a very decent championship team for the foreseeable and left the yo yo in to league one existence behind us it would be a price worth paying in my opinion .

Spend very little , take the £100m plus on offer .

If we competed as effectively as Wycombe have done in the championship in the PL without a cat in hells chance of staying up I'd be immensely proud .

As long as we weren't completely embarrassing it wouldn't bother me to tell the truth .

If the PL want to give us £100m plus for finishing rock bottom of the PL with 20 points then good on em .

I'd snatch your hands off right now for that eventuality just as long as we don't spend stupid money thinking we can stay up .

Out of the £100m I wouldn't spend more than £25m personally maybe not even that .

Besides all that if this group of players manage to get us up then they deserve the opportunity to play in the PL and not be replaced by some Johnny Foreigner plus agent who doesn't give a shiny shyte about this club other than the money he thinks he can attain .

Don't play the PL game , its taken us the best part of 20 years since the last time to re-discover what we are .

We are Barnsley and our identity is our strength and why we have conquered so many impossible odds in our history .

We must never forget that despite the temptations the PL dangle .

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast