+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Luton Town v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by fantykestic View Post
    I loved our last time in the PL. Great atmosphere, some great football to see and some great teams to play that we rarely came across. We were everyone's 2nd team and popular. We gave our all but were found wanting. If, by some chance we go up again, I agree give the lads a chance that got us there, but also add a little PL experience. These lads are not ready for the PL yet, but a season playing there will be invaluable to them and they will become better from the experience, but they will need some guidance. I agree don't spend spend spend and that around 25 mil is the best model when it comes to recruitment.

Well.... I’ll just say this....

“they will become better for the experience. .....”
    Yes they will.........But not with us.

“add a little PL experience “
    A few Big heads to turn the heads of hard grafting lads, show them how to get their teeth whitened....Hair braided, and an agent to guarantee them a move if we are relegated.

“These lads are not ready for the PL.”
    Damn right....... in the last five seasons in this league they’d have had their butt whipped. They really aren’t playing THAT WELL!

Norwich will win this League by a country mile above the team that finishes third. . ..... yet will struggle like hell to avoid finishing second or third bottom of the next season ( again, like the last time they went there .............. we are nearly twenty points adrift of them now, (and three promotions into the PL behind them in terms of experience in dealing with the higher League), and even THAT won’t see then finish in the PL NEXT SEASON higher than 18th.

There’s 5k giddy folk, and 5k who should know better.
    This giddiness will hurt our club.

SB, YOU WERE REYT.

Ps
    Name:  5C994E9F-66AC-4E19-9CD4-075EEEC6E98E.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  7.9 KB

Don't bring me into it Jules please.

I am well happy not posting on any issue directly relating to the club's performances.

You will recall I do not follow games now because of -
    a) the owners
    b) the employment of a Head Coach who cheated on other clubs in Austria by breaking Covid rules. This, in my book, far outweighs any success on the pitch.

My decision, my principles.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Don't bring me into it Jules please.

I am well happy not posting on any issue directly relating to the club's performances.

You will recall I do not follow games now because of -
    a) the owners
    b) the employment of a Head Coach who cheated on other clubs in Austria by breaking Covid rules. This, in my book, far outweighs any success on the pitch.

My decision, my principles.
    My Sincere Apologies SB.

I care as much whats been done at other clubs. As i did when we got muller after he nearly killed that centre forward... Enjoy watching men kick a football. Not interested in any other part of there life. Lambast me at will. I dont care. All i care about is the next game

There’s a many more than 5k Reds supporters that are very proud of the clubs achievements this season irrespective of the final outcome and certainly not feeling giddy.

I’m scratching my head here reading such negativity at a time when I thought as a true reds supporter (not a giddy one ) that I would never witness what’s unfolded here in my lifetime again.

A season in which we have witnessed records broken in unbelievable fashion and a massive credit is due to everyone associated with the club from the very top to the bottom in my opinion.

Once A Red always A Red. Go for it lads and continue to make us proud !

This puts my last post in perspective:
    Brentford fans kicking off this morning wanting manager sacked on Twitter.
    You could say negativity at its best lol.

I just think we’d be better consolidating a lot more before jumping up another league.. I don’t want to be negative about what they’ve achieved, it’s amazing, but I don’t think we are ready as a club or team for a crack at the Prem. I didnt mean to diss fans who” Do” think we should go for it. We all have different opinions, I’m in the minority here....I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I just think we’d be better consolidating a lot more before jumping up another league.. I don’t want to be negative about what they’ve achieved, it’s amazing, but I don’t think we are ready as a club or team for a crack at the Prem. I didnt mean to diss fans who” Do” think we should go for it. We all have different opinions, I’m in the minority here....I know.
    Fair enough Jules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    If we get promotion Jules I couldn't care less if we only get 20 points. It's the financial rewards that getting promoted will bring and will see this club set up in the future and be far more competitive at championship level. The key here is sensibility. Spend a quarter of our purse and we'll be fine. The owners have their critics and rightly so. However, they are prudent business people when all said and done. I don't believe they'll change their philosophy should we get promotion, we'll just carry on but the difference is that on our return to the championship we'll be able to afford your Ivan Toneys of this world.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast