+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Murphy and Ritchie

Murphy and Ritchie

Ok, they're limited players but what they lack in quality, they make up for in terms of effort, attitude and spirit (and Jacob Murphy is an excellent crosser of the ball-Ritchie's ball for the equaliser was fantastic too but we rarely see that from him these days).

If we're to have any chance at all of escaping the drop then I think these two are the sort of players we need.

Oh, and the Joelinton love-in on various social media can fuck right off. Yes, he had a better game but he missed two absolute sitters and has scored 4 in 62 games.

Just thought I'd add that.

Agreed.

We'll need our fighters and Ritchie is that, him screaming and shouting at the others is what we've needed it.

Agreed about Joelinton.

We need that kind of - take no shít - attitude. Dummet as well, very limited but always puts in a shift - like he knows he’s been lucky to make it and is giving his all as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Agreed.

We'll need our fighters and Ritchie is that, him screaming and shouting at the others is what we've needed it.

Agreed about Joelinton.
    Yes, he had a better game but he missed two absolute sitters and has scored 4 in 62 games.

Just thought I'd add that.

It's clear that Joelinton provokes strong feelings.

The club ignored Rafa and spent £40 million on Joelinton to replace Perez they sold for £30 million to Leicester & not taking turning Salomon Rondon's loan deal into a £16 million permanent contract which every single person bar the now banned Anti-Rafa crowd knew was such great deal & now looks very reasonable looking option indeed considering what the big unit offered up front.

Andy Carroll's pay as you play salary wouldn't have been needed if we Rondon up top. Also we'd have 10-15 goal striker and an out ball for Bruce's garbage tactics... I mean it's just mind bending how they didn't think Rondon was a good option at that price!?!

Perez out for 30, Rondon in for 16 - not spending 40million on Jokie boy!?! I don't get it, Ashley is supposed to be good at money/business - how does any of that make sense?

Also were they hoping that Jokie was gonna become a Coutinho/Naymar type character? Develop into a £100m player? Double / Triple their money?

What metrics made them think that?

Where was the analysis?

They play money ball with player purchases - We didn't get Modric, Lacassette etc etc etc because they prices were sometimes as little and + £500,000 more than they valued the player yet they spend £40m on Jokie - with zero evidence that this guy was going to become a Bale, a Ronaldo.

A wide left player who never scored more than 1 in 3or4 in a mid table bundesliga team going which none of Europe's elite teams were considering as a player capable to stepping up to the top tier.

It makes no sense.

Once again It makes me wonder what kind of fraudulent back door agreements or deals outside of football this player transfer paid for!?!

I can't see any other reason for it?

Am I biased? Am I just seeing corruption everywhere because of Ashley's horrendous abuse of our famous old club or do you guys agree??

Change my mind!?!

Ragatino, I think you're right; there's something fishy with regards to the Joelinton deal.

His stats from Germany aren't even that great. Ashley would never spend that amount without there being some shady dealings going on behind the scenes.

I'm not sure, lads.

If you look at how badly fatso has run us, at every step he's made huge mistakes and never once has he learned from them. I honestly think this was just another one. Someone who has his ear told him that Joelinton was worth that much (and why hasn't that person been sacked???)-add to that the fact that Rafa didn't want him so that'll have pissed Ashley off-and I think we've got a simple case of fatso making a decision simply because he could. And making it with the same level of ignorance he's applied to almost every decision he's made regarding us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I'm not sure, lads.

If you look at how badly fatso has run us, at every step he's made huge mistakes and never once has he learned from them. I honestly think this was just another one. Someone who has his ear told him that Joelinton was worth that much (and why hasn't that person been sacked???)-add to that the fact that Rafa didn't want him so that'll have pissed Ashley off-and I think we've got a simple case of fatso making a decision simply because he could. And making it with the same level of ignorance he's applied to almost every decision he's made regarding us.
    Could be, Zip.

Either way it's just another in a series mind-boggling, catastrophic decisions which the club will see the consequences of. Not Mike, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    Could be, Zip.

Either way it's just another in a series mind-boggling, catastrophic decisions which the club will see the consequences of. Not Mike, I'm afraid.
    Fatso will see the consequences when he gets round to selling him, and is receiving offers of £10M1.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Fatso will see the consequences when he gets round to selling him, and is receiving offers of £10M1.
    With his lack of goal scoring record, I would say that £10m vastly over rates him.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    He probably won't mind it when selling the club for 8 times as much as he bought it for

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)