+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why does no-one call him out on his bullsh!t?

Why does no-one call him out on his bullsh!t?

Bruce gets THE easiest time of whichever broadcaster is interviewing him. He's come out with some gobsmacking shite...and I mean some genuine 'did he actually say that??!!' moments but he never gets pushed on it. I've seen Klopp, Guardiola, Moyes, Mourinho and plenty more face some searching questions when interviewed but when was the last time you heard bruce pressed?

Today's gems included "with all the nonsense that gets thrown at us" to which, after the interviewer had picked their jaw up off the floor, the reply should have been 'but you've won twice in 21 games-why is any criticism nonsense?'

Plus, he said "There's this nonsense about a mole in the dressing room. Blah blah blah. There is nothing wrong with the spirit here"

To which he should have been challenged with 'But Steve, what do you mean it's nonsense about a mole...just a couple of weeks ago you said "we have a source in and around us who is leaking things to a newspaper;we are all looking to find the culprit" '

There are so many other examples and he gets away with it every single time.

There. Rant over.

'But did he have his sleeves rolled up ?

Cos he's a "a good bloke".

I think they’re frightened of being shut out by Ashley. I mean, let’s face it, SDFC is an absolute wet dream for a sports reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I think they’re frightened of being shut out by Ashley. I mean, let’s face it, SDFC is an absolute wet dream for a sports reporter.
    Press officer of the club briefs the interviewers on what they can ask.

Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    There. Rant over.
    Spot on.

I can't believe we're still at this lowpoint in the club's history; having to deal with Dinosaur managers who always manage to turn the media and everyone else against the fans, so we're the ones who look "spoiled" and "unrealistic".

Same with Fat Sam, Pardew, and even McClaren.

Oh and also; fuck Rio Ferdinand. What a waste of space.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)