+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clarke?

Or he's been running around well in training and said yes boss in the right places

I always think Clark looks quite handy when he comes on certainly going forward. Not so sure about his defen sive skills but neither am I about Giles in which case why bother getting giles in the first place.

Warmes loan signings generally have not been very good this year apart from Wing who has been decent rather than spectacular. Flojo, Blackman, Hirst have been poor. Giles set off like an house on fire and has fizzled out and is no better than clark in my opinion.

I’ve liked look of Clarke when he’s been on pitch (which isn’t often) not sure how good he is or will be at LB because we don’t see him there but he was fetched in for that job so why isn’t it happening? If he’s not good enough then what’s he still doing here?

Personally I don’t think Giles is good at defending

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I’ve liked look of Clarke when he’s been on pitch (which isn’t often) not sure how good he is or will be at LB because we don’t see him there but he was fetched in for that job so why isn’t it happening? If he’s not good enough then what’s he still doing here?

Personally I don’t think Giles is good at defending
    It's a mixture of poor positioning and at the moment lacking the heart for the battle that typifies our players under Warne. I think that was the reason for Angus having a pop at him - he was very limp in the challenge on the Milwall player and gave them a half chance. Good to see such lack of commitment outed by his colleagues. He's young and hopefully he'll learn.

On the few occasions Clarke has got on the pitch this season I’ve noticed he kind of dilly Dallys about in a kind of a wing back role but not really knowing what postion to take up or how to position himself on the pitch. Now he might be well out of his depth or it could be poor management not telling him what he should be doing.

There's nothing wrong with Clarke, thing is the lad hasn't been allowed to play in the position he was brought in to do.

Full name Trevor Thomas Clarke
    Date of birth 26 March 1998 (age 23)
    Place of birth Dublin, Ireland
    Height 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)
    Position(s) Left-back/Midfielder
    Last edited by Brin; 06-04-2021 at 12:08 PM.

...Giles did set off well in the first games, scoring twice. Were we winning in both when he came on?? Ok going forwards when you're winning but not so good at defending...............play him as left winger then.....??

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    There's nothing wrong with Clarke, thing is the lad hasn't been allowed to play in the position he was brought in to do.

Full name Trevor Thomas Clarke
    Date of birth 26 March 1998 (age 23)
    Place of birth Dublin, Ireland
    Height 1.65 m (5 ft 5 in)
    Position(s) Left-back/Midfielder
    Similar build to Paul Hurst and he didn’t do too badly at left back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Similar build to Paul Hurst and he didn’t do too badly at left back.
    But Warne doesn’t see it that way....,

Giles has looked very suspect defensively recently. Too easily shoved off balance. I think he has lost his early confidence.
    Clarke, i'm not convinced he cuts the mustard defensively at this level either. He hasn't been given a fair crack of the whip but I think there is a reason for that.
    Wiles has also looked suspect defensively but i don't think he's any worse then the other two there. We are wasting his talents though.
    If Olusunde is back, I'd go with Harding left wing back, Olusunde right wing back. In the absence of Mattock, that's about the best we can do in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12