+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Missing Posters

Missing Posters

Does anyone know if Navypie/Ayeayeskipper and Davy500 are OK? Both missing of late it seems, as are a few others. Hope all's well.

Always good to check in on fellow 'Pies regardless of conflicting opinions.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-04-2021 at 08:58 PM.

I tried to do the very same the other day Swale as certain absences became obvious but got an abrupt hostile response from one person and more importantly no news for anyone.

I assume Davy500 is taking a few weeks/months off, his work was completed with the dramatic news on the 24th March with the “worst manager in our history” was sacked.

As for Navy, no idea he’s been AWOL for a fair while now and although that instantly makes NCM are better place to discuss all things Notts without distraction , still would be good to know if he’s ok and in good health. Anyone know anything?

Hopefully he’s just taking a much needed break from all the hysteria, pettiness and melodrama that NCM often guarantees. Either that or the shock timing of NAs departure shook him to his core.

Internet message boards aren’t the best place for everyone, and I think/hope the break will do him good and he can come back refreshed , calm and little more level headed.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I tried to do the very same the other day Swale as certain absences became obvious but got an abrupt hostile response from one person.
    I can only apologise, because that must have been me. I just didn't realise that what I thought was petty namechecking immediately after a win was actually genuine concern for other posters. How could I have been so stupid?

To lose the sarcasm and respond to the original post, there are a few who haven't been on here for a while. Real long term posters like Soccerman and P4U seem absent. I tended to agree with them on football matters but not a lot else, hope both are well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    there are a few who haven't been on here for a while. Real long term posters like Soccerman and P4U seem absent. I tended to agree with them on football matters but not a lot else, hope both are well.
    Agreed. If any of the missing posters are reading the board but not posting it would be great if they simply posted 'I'm OK' or similar. No more required.

I know it has been a slightly 'toxic' place for a while and may have put off a few regulars but it would be good to know.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 05-04-2021 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I can only apologise, because that must have been me. I just didn't realise that what I thought was petty namechecking immediately after a win was actually genuine concern for other posters. How could I have been so stupid?

To lose the sarcasm and respond to the original post, there are a few who haven't been on here for a while. Real long term posters like Soccerman and P4U seem absent. I tended to agree with them on football matters but not a lot else, hope both are well.
    Apology accepted.

Of course it was genuine concern AyeAyeSkipper/Navy may have been erratic, aggressive and intentionally antagonising but you and everyone must have noticed he’s went from posting every single day to not posting at all.

He has done a couple of sabbaticals before but nowhere close to this length of time. Like I said I hope he is in good health. Tbh he never came across to me as having the best mind frame for the circus that is NCM. He’s probably happier away from here. Good luck to him.

Not concerned about Davy he was never erratic , he was on a mission and the mission is now complete.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Does anyone know if Navypie/Ayeayeskipper and Davy500 are OK? Both missing of late it seems, as are a few others. Hope all's well.

Always good to check in on fellow 'Pies regardless of conflicting opinions.
    Maybe because we now have a manager that so far seems to know what he's doing and they've nothing to complain (post) about?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Maybe because we now have a manager that so far seems to know what he's doing and they've nothing to complain (post) about?
    Lol, well it hasn’t stopped you Carlton

Maybe and I wish that was the reason but clearly isn’t after the Hornchurch and Aldershot games there was plenty to complain about (players not manager) from those two performances.

Or maybe during all that time spent reading hilarious posts on other teams message boards he’s found his dream forum and swapped NCM for somewhere new. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Lol, well it hasn’t stopped you Carlton

Maybe and I wish that was the reason but clearly isn’t after the Hornchurch and Aldershot games there was plenty to complain about (players not manager) from those two performances.

Or maybe during all that time spent reading hilarious posts on other teams message boards he’s found his dream forum and swapped NCM for somewhere new. Fingers crossed
    I've been very much pro IB and he's had a decent start.

Davy500 is back, that's one that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Davy500 is back, that's one that's OK.
    Good news, already looking forward to DavyFacts 2.0.

One down, one to go.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast