+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wet Spam

Wet Spam

I see they've climbed into the top four tonight. I wouldn't mind them finishing there as they've played some good football this season

Aye, some very decent stuff. Maybe Man U were too big for Moyes and the mackems were too smal so maybe West Ham are his 'Goldilocks' club-just right for him.

Made no secret that I've got a soft spot for West Ham beause of a couple of good mates who are hammers and it's good that a club of their size are mixing it with the traditional big 6. Gives the rest of us hope.

Well, I say 'us'.... I mean 'everyone else' because we've got no hope until fatso goes.

Always liked West Ham as well. Their fans remind me of ours. And they've been through similar struggles in recent years with a relegation and Fat Sam.

However, there has always been a willingness to improve, to invest, to dream - not just from the fans, but from the owners as well.

Surprisingly, bringing back Moyes for a second term has been a decision of genius. Good luck to them.

With regards to NUFC; I'm still pretty sure we'll get relegated this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aye, some very decent stuff. Maybe Man U were too big for Moyes and the mackems were too smal so maybe West Ham are his 'Goldilocks' club-just right for him.

Made no secret that I've got a soft spot for West Ham because of a couple of good mates who are hammers and it's good that a club of their size is mixing it with the traditional big 6. Gives the rest of us hope.

Well, I say 'us'.... I mean 'everyone else' because we've got no hope until fatso goes.
    I used to go to the old Boleyn Ground (Upton Park) when I lived closer to Laandan, especially when it was our club's visit.

They are a great set of supporters and I'd say for enthusiasm the closest you could get to ours. I would add that that is a complement to both sets of fans.

It will be fantastic if they can continue their good run and finish as the Capital's top club putting many snooty noses out of joint.

By that I mean the countless thousands of nerds who follow Chelski, Spuds, and Arse-anal who think it's their divine right to rule at the top of the table.

Yeah, Dagenham John who posts on here now and again seems to be a sound bloke who empathises with us.

When I moved to London in late 1966 the first match I saw was West Ham v Spurs at the Boleyn.
    I thought the atmosphere was great, very like what I was used to.
    And of course the Hammers had Hurst, Peters and the great Bobby Moore on view.
    They played some great football those days.

The one time I did not appreciate it was, I think, in the Seventies / maybe early 80s, Hammers v NUFC.
    In those days there was standing behind the goals, no tickets, just turn up and pay at the turnstiles on the day.
    When I got to the ground, our end was rammed and the turnstiles closed, so I shoved me scarf in me pocket and went round to the home end.
    Big mistake!
    I kept me gob shut, but West Ham scored and I realised in a split second I was the only one in that end not jumping up and down and hugging my neighbours. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb, so there I was, in a flash, joining in the joy like a maniac.
    Next goal, same thing. Third goal, same thing. Grinning desperately at the lads around me and hoping they were convinced I was one of them and keeping me gob clammed shut.

So half time, 3-0 down, I thought "I cannot keep this up". Cheering when the opposition score is against my religion and if I don't I'm going to be rumbled and lose some ***** part of my anatomy.
    So I shoved my way out and legged it home.
    Just as well. We got stuffed 5-0.

Delighted for them this season. My mate is a Hammer and he has been going throught the same

Quote Originally Posted by KemptownMag View Post
    When I moved to London in late 1966 the first match I saw was West Ham v Spurs at the Boleyn.
    I thought the atmosphere was great, very like what I was used to.
    And of course the Hammers had Hurst, Peters and the great Bobby Moore on view.
    They played some great football those days.

The one time I did not appreciate it was, I think, in the Seventies / maybe early 80s, Hammers v NUFC.
    In those days there was standing behind the goals, no tickets, just turn up and pay at the turnstiles on the day.
    When I got to the ground, our end was rammed and the turnstiles closed, so I shoved me scarf in me pocket and went round to the home end.
    Big mistake!
    I kept me gob shut, but West Ham scored and I realised in a split second I was the only one in that end not jumping up and down and hugging my neighbours. Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb, so there I was, in a flash, joining in the joy like a maniac.
    Next goal, same thing. Third goal, same thing. Grinning desperately at the lads around me and hoping they were convinced I was one of them and keeping me gob clammed shut.

So half time, 3-0 down, I thought "I cannot keep this up". Cheering when the opposition score is against my religion and if I don't I'm going to be rumbled and lose some ***** part of my anatomy.
    So I shoved my way out and legged it home.
    Just as well. We got stuffed 5-0.

Delighted for them this season. My mate is a Hammer and he has been going throught the same
    Dammit! Cut off the end of my epistle:

Delighted for them this season. My mate is a Hammer and he has been going through similar hell to us in recent seasons, especially hating the move to the London Stadium. So this year has been great, and a bit of a surprise, to him.

I think West Ham fans are very similar to us - they don't expect to be winning the League anytime soon. They just want a team that gives their all on the pitch and tries to play some decent football.

Turned out nice again,.......for all
    Take care now
    John...

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    Turned out nice again,.......for all
    Take care now
    John...
    Crazy the way you've gone 3 up in the last three games and conceded 7 goals near the end of them-is that a mentality thing, d'you think, John?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Crazy the way you've gone 3 up in the last three games and conceded 7 goals near the end of them-is that a mentality thing, d'you think, John?
    just gone from alcohol to cocaine within 3 weeks mate FFS!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)