+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Footymad....

Footymad....

It's bad enough when I have to battle my way through adverts that take up the whole screen (my device won't let me download a.dblock before anybody mentions it) but over the Easter period I was unable to view the site at all and I was wasn't on my own,every time I tried to view the site all I got was a blank screen on my mobile and tablet and others on Nottsmad have had the same problem,it's not even the first time!
    You can imagine my surprise when I finally get onto here and discover that instead of posters complaining about it didn't seem to have affected anybody else on here going by the threads that have been started by

Grrrrr..... That's it,I'm off,it's proper pissed me off

Had no problems here Chalky, though I notice that the board has a new look, which came as a surprise to me.

I have had no trouble Coco (except a very small ad at the foot of the page occassionally, and I have a d b l o c k), but I know many folk who keep getting annoying adds time and time again.

As you know Coco they lost loads of posters because of ads a few years ago, it seems like a slow death for FootyMad with the main admin doing little to make it better, all you get is them blaming everything on their softwear, its supposed to be the 21st century but FootyMad are still living in the past and reluctant to spend some brass on it, its sad and it will eventually close down to better equiped and easier sites, not that I'll be hurrying off to Faceache any time soon though.

Since The Great Desertion to The Other Plaice there have been f­uck all problems here, it has been permanently er­ect, whilst The Other Plaice often gets The Droop. Here the interface / layout / useability are first rate, whilst in these respects The Other Plaice is vastly inferior.

Coco,
    Your problem is that your device will not let you download Ad­Block.
    Ad­Block is ubiquitous. Charles Babbage's Analytical Engine could download Ad­Block in 1837.
    I suspect that your device is able to download Ad­Block but that there is something on it
    which refuses to let you do it.

With Ad­Block I have had no problems. Nobody else is seems to be affected.
    I suspect that the entire matter is local to you.

'Ad­Block' is a FootyMad 'swear word'.

My phone tells me not to carry on with the download of Ad.block and infact won't let me download it so I don't,I'm not technically minded and if my phone says don't do something then I don't,I've previously put up screenshots (I wonder how he's doing?) to show how bad it is,sometimes they cover 70% of the screen

I couldn't get on footy mad from Saturday until today,this wasn't down to my phone as others on Nottsmad reported having the same problems,I also tried on a tablet but I had no luck there,it wouldn't have pissed me off if everyone had the same trouble but when I finally got back on here it looked like nobody else had been affected,Babbage's machine may have got Ad.block but then again it didn't have to log into footy mad did it

Be careful about where you download Ad­Block from. There are a few very naughty c­unts who create web sites from where you can download Ad­Block with virus software.

Possibly your anti-virus software is a bit too strong. It could be that the legitimate Ad­Block site is wrongly deemed to be dangerous. You could tweak the parameters of your ant-virus software or even briefly turn it off if you are confident of the legitimacy of the web site that you are downloading Ad­Block from.
    Last edited by Dick Large; 06-04-2021 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Large View Post
    Since The Great Desertion to The Other Plaice there have been f*uck all problems here, it has been permanently er*ect, whilst The Other Plaice often gets The Droop. Here the interface / layout / useability are first rate, whilst in these respects The Other Plaice is vastly inferior..
    I think the mass desertion from DerbyMag and ClaretsMad to name only 2 says a lot for how FootyMad was not keeping it up to date plus flooding it with adverts.

As for "The Other Plaice" which is mentioned I have no idea how bad it is as I only use this one, but as well as you Coco there are many I know who suffer the same problems as yourself, Alf who also uses this site has also had issues with ads and many more who have deserted FootyMad for other sites because of its poor performance and very slow attitude to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    I think the mass desertion from DerbyMag and ClaretsMad to name only 2 says a lot for how FootyMad was not keeping it up to date plus flooding it with adverts.

As for "The Other Plaice" which is mentioned I have no idea how bad it is as I only use this one, but as well as you Coco there are many I know who suffer the same problems as yourself, Alf who also uses this site has also had issues with ads and many more who have deserted FootyMad for other sites because of its poor performance and very slow attitude to make it better.
    Boards like this will disappear not before long mores the pity,I post on several other sites and this is the only one that I have trouble with adverts,other sites have them but they are normally at the top or bottom of the page and I don't mind them but sometimes the ones on here take up so much screen space I just give up

Use a Windows PC, laptop, or anything else that uses Windows. Then you see f­uck all adverts when you have got AdB­lock.

I see absolutely no adverts and have no problems with the site.

Does your phone use an Apple, Android or Linux operating system? Which internet browser does it use? I believe that the most popular internet browsers can be put onto devices running Apple, Android or Linux operating systems.

I use this site only on a laptop using Chrome on Windows. The easiest thing for you to try would be installing the several main internet browsers that are not on your phone and trying to access this site on them all. I totally recommend Chrome for all internet browsing purposes. On all devices it has a global share of 64.08%, so clearly there is little wrong with it. Possibly on Chrome you may also be able to install AdB­lock but it could be that the inhibiting of installing it is done by either your phone's operating system or by its default anti-virus software being too strict, which you can alter.
    Last edited by Dick Large; 07-04-2021 at 11:15 PM.

On my Windows laptop I have just now used this site by means of these internet browsers, each with their own version of AdBl­ock :-

Google Chrome
    Mozilla Firefox
    Microsoft Edge
    Apple Safari

There was no problem with any of them. They all rendered this site perfectly with no adverts. The site initially requests that you switch off your advert blocker but you can just ignore that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)