+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me ....... but I prefer Morris to Dike

Well - the IP was really about Morris.
    But the spotlight always seems to turn to Dike.
    So now he’s mentioned.
    The situation with Dike is difficult to understand.
    Both Barnsley and Orlando have said publicly that a price has been agreed.
    So why shouldn’t Barnsley pay something like £3 million for him - no matter what league we are in - knowing that half the clubs in the Premier are willing to pay £25 million for him.
    Let’s put it another way - it’s like the owner from the corner shop going to the warehouse and buying a pack of sausages for 23p knowing he can sell it for £2:40 once he gets it home.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 07-04-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Get ready for next seerson , all big guns will ev gone and front 3 will bi Vic Simoes and Luke Thomas !

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Get ready for next seerson , all big guns will ev gone and front 3 will bi Vic Simoes and Luke Thomas !
    And Miller, so that's your front 3! Grove St will be rocking

Barring Alex Mowatt we can command far bigger fees for our players who are currently under contract. We're not relegation fodder anymore scraping a living, our boys are at the top end of the championship on merit and if clubs want em they'll ev to pay handsomely. Success on the field like we have had this season brings prosperity. Look at Brentford last season, Watkins and Benrahma sold for mega money. We should tek a leaf out of their book and not be pushed over by other clubs who are wanting to buy our players.

If that proves to be the case and we are enriched by outgoing transfers this summer, tha'd expect a higher calibre of player coming in who is 'championship ready' as a replacement compared to what we've been used to over the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Both are excellent players.
    And I know Dike is only 20, he will get better and is attracting all the media interest.
    But I think Morris has the better close control.
    Love it if we keep both - if I had to choose just one I’d pick Morris.
    Morris for me cos hes ours dee kay another couple of yrs on his back who knows i wouldnt know wat to do if we had a 5m offer for morris because of his injury problems he's had and id hate to say we should av sold him because of it.moores head injury has made him think get wat a can out of this game while i can and lad seems to be getting better every yr if morris could stay fit he could be great deffo got something this lad.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Morris has great feet and a deceptive turn of pace. He will get double figures in goals every season guaranteed. Great signing for me and has a big future here.

Dike has been awesome, made us a more complete team. Yesterday was best I've seen him play in a Reds shirt. Luton just had no answer to him but to only try and foul him off the ball. The lad is way above our station to be honest and I dont mean that with any disrespect. Having cast my eye over him I now know what all the hype was about when he signed back in January. The lad is destined for big things and good luck to him.
    I'll tell you summat did you see hirsty for us wow sniffer said he'd play for england he wa good.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    I'll tell you summat did you see hirsty for us wow sniffer said he'd play for england he wa good.
    Best striker I’ve ever seen for us.
    Incredible.
    Was worth a lot of money even at a young age.
    But we gave him away.
    And we gave him away to our nearest business rival.
    Where he became a massive idol.
    Something that their fans continually reminded Barnsley fans of - that they took a star player from us for peanuts.
    Years later I talked to Eric Winstanley about it - and he said this - Barnsley had no money at that time so we had to get what we could.

I just hope that Dane and the directors understand how things like this can damage the reputation of a club and can undermine the loyalty of some supporters.

A nivver saw Hirsty in a Reds shirt mate, he left a couple o years afooar I started watching us. Great player though, a magic wand of a left foot. He wo on the verge of a move to Manchester United in the early 90s but then a bad injury struck and it fell through. Had he gone to Old Trafford he'd have been an England regular I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    A nivver saw Hirsty in a Reds shirt mate, he left a couple o years afooar I started watching us. Great player though, a magic wand of a left foot. He wo on the verge of a move to Manchester United in the early 90s but then a bad injury struck and it fell through. Had he gone to Old Trafford he'd have been an England regular I'm sure.
    Me mates father wa a shareholder at fowls his nickname wa sicknote.i wa having a pee in whispers bogs hirsty stood at side of mi a says wen you back in wednesday side hirsty he says wen am fit a says warhursts took thy place pal that diving header he scored against us on his knees reight goal great game but i respect players that dont celebrate against there former clubs i understand sammy the snake like.

Me mates father wa a shareholder at fowls his nickname wa sicknote.i wa having a pee in whispers bogs hirsty stood at side of mi a says wen you back in wednesday side hirsty he says wen am fit a says warhursts took thy place pal that diving header he scored against us on his knees reight goal great game but i respect players that dont celebrate against there former clubs i understand sammy the snake like.
    Dont mean are snake left us but he wa tekkin some off us deserved aswell.fowls need to go down for breaking rules but a lv derbys. Cup finals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12