+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambridge TOP

Cambridge TOP

Im sure that if you had a spare tenner, and you knew it would be County or Cambridge top of div 4 at this point, even i would have put it on County, as you would.

Im impressed you have given Ardley a chance, if he had of been sacked, youve Ardley have given him a chance. Yes i have come to gloat, although i dont really give much of a hoot, to increase your suffering by gloating helps me pass the time of day.

I know its a cheap shot, and even narcissistic, but entertainment is hard to come by, and no harm is done. So rubbing in the fact you are non league, and struggling in a play off place lightens the day, as im sure it does for you.

Watching non league must be like Signale on Dichotomy by Wallingford Rieger, which basically observes, in his book, that watching County is like listening to rats being slowly tortured to death in a sack, while a dying cow moans in the distance.

While Cambridge have been observed to be playing football like the Dutch team of the 70s, with Neeskens Rep and Cruyff. I saw that team wim 4-0 at Wembley, high praise indeed.

Its not unusual for County to be playing working class football, while the Cambridge aristocrats leave you for dead. After all you are working class, non league isnt the cream, is it?

Quinton of Redegund Road.

Good to see you back, I've missed your amusing and insightful posts which always lifts the gloom a little for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    Im sure that if you had a spare tenner, and you knew it would be County or Cambridge top of div 4 at this point, even i would have put it on County, as you would.

Im impressed you have given Ardley a chance, if he had of been sacked, youve Ardley have given him a chance. Yes i have come to gloat, although i dont really give much of a hoot, to increase your suffering by gloating helps me pass the time of day.

I know its a cheap shot, and even narcissistic, but entertainment is hard to come by, and no harm is done. So rubbing in the fact you are non league, and struggling in a play off place lightens the day, as im sure it does for you.

Watching non league must be like Signale on Dichotomy by Wallingford Rieger, which basically observes, in his book, that watching County is like listening to rats being slowly tortured to death in a sack, while a dying cow moans in the distance.

While Cambridge have been observed to be playing football like the Dutch team of the 70s, with Neeskens Rep and Cruyff. I saw that team wim 4-0 at Wembley, high praise indeed.

Its not unusual for County to be playing working class football, while the Cambridge aristocrats leave you for dead. After all you are working class, non league isnt the cream, is it?

Quinton of Redegund Road.
    I thought you had said many times how poor your lot were...i think your going good as you'd got a top coach/manager on board in mr waddock..!

It's the kind of trolling Harrods would sell.

Mind you, I'm marking you down for the phrase "had of been". Surely a Cambridge scholar should know better!

While Cambridge have been observed to be playing football like the Dutch team of the 70s, with Neeskens Rep and Cruyff. I saw that team wim 4-0 at Wembley.
    No you didn't.
    It was 2-0, Jan Peters scoring both goals. A friendly, probably in prep for their World Cup qualifier in Northern Ireland later that year which proved to be George Best's last international. It was only the 6th time England had lost at home to a non-British opponent, it was also Trevor Francis' England debut (still a Birmingham City player at the time).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdKvkWn49lU
    Last edited by upthemaggies; 06-04-2021 at 08:00 PM.

So, the Psaw who told us he had given up on Cambridge because they were shyte is now the Psaw who is gloating because they are top.

Who would have thought it?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So, the Psaw who told us he had given up on Cambridge because they were shyte is now the Psaw who is gloating because they are top.

Who would have thought it?
    He's not a very effective TROLL is he? I'm not sure which is more amusing. The fact he supports Cambridge and is trying to create a rivalry with Notts County as he has nothing better to do or just the fact he supports Cambridge. Still undecided on that point.

Thanks for posting the you tube video, up the magpies. Was it the same game?, i swear it was four. All i remember is England hardly touching the ball, watching Cruyff in awe, and having Steve Hodge on the wing. He was the worst player on the pitch. I will have to look it up now.

Had of been fits a difficult sentence jackal.

Just looked it up, i was wrong, it was only two, and Hodge wasnt playing. It must have been a different england game. He made an incredible 24 appearances for England.

I saw three or four England games in that time period, there was 90,000 at the Holland game, i saw a qualifying game against Finland about that time, with 99,000, or was it 98,000.

I mention this because Wembley back then was an incredible experience, different parts of the ground sang at different times, you heard other parts singing when your part stopped. It was a wall of sound. The current Wembley is nothing in comparison.

Just looked it up, i was wrong, it was only two, and Hodge wasnt playing. It must have been a different england game. He made an incredible 24 appearances for England.

I saw three or four England games in that time period, there was 90,000 at the Holland game, i saw a qualifying game against Finland about that time, with 99,000, or was it 98,000.

I mention this because Wembley back then was an incredible experience, different parts of the ground sang at different times, you heard other parts singing when your part stopped. It was a wall of sound. The current Wembley is nothing in comparison.

You've got to laugh...Hodge playing on the wing for England in the 70's as a 15 year old.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast