+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Do we only employ managers that are yes men. Or do we only employ mangers that lack the basic skill or abilities to field a competitive team.

For me I just want a manager that stops putting square pegs into round holes. Since the tail end of jackys reign every manager has consistently played players out of position. Failed to address the teams shortfall such as width etc, and failed to bolster the teams weaknesses eg midfield.

I'd say let's give this manager a chance before staying things like he 'lacks the skills & abilities to field a competitive team. He has certainly fielded a competitive team this season. We were very close to a top six finish with the majority of a squad that isn't his. He hasn't been able to sign nearly as many players as he'd have wished so again, we can't judge him on addressing the teams shortfalls until he's given the chance to do so.

The shocking cup performances this season in my opinion are down to the players,maybe they are not been offered the bonuses normally on offer due to the virus.
    What we always need to remember is we follow from the cradle to the grave but they are only 2 or 3 year empoyee's of the club.

The whole FN team v Partick were awful especially 1st half but Jamie Robson's header across his own box is something i never did in hundreds of games played at nothing more than amateur level.
    I am not for one minute saying he doesna care but its a FACT he doesna learn,he under McLean would never have played for the 1st team but if he had to select him Saturday would have been his last appearance for United.
    Not for one minute am i trying to end the laddies career but he really need's to get an FN grip of himself or he is heading for the lower league's as a part timer.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    The whole FN team v Partick were awful especially 1st half but Jamie Robson's header across his own box is something i never did in hundreds of games played at nothing more than amateur level.
    I am not for one minute saying he doesna care but its a FACT he doesna learn,he under McLean would never have played for the 1st team but if he had to select him Saturday would have been his last appearance for United.
    Not for one minute am i trying to end the laddies career but he really need's to get an FN grip of himself or he is heading for the lower league's as a part timer.
    Nail on head with regards that boy. The sooner he's replaced the better. He'll end up at Falkirk or the likes.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)