+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosie

Rosie

Hey Rosie,

I just wanted to say hi and that I hope you are feeling a bit better ...

You had a fab week in the Fantasy League (unlike me )

Look after yourself.

Love Winnie xxx

Oh, what have I missed? Get well Rosie.

How you doing Rosie ?????

I am trying to write this so I don’t sound how woe is me but in truth I feel it. 😩

I have spent over 3 weeks in hospital with a broken bone in my back and Doctors have been more concerned with my low blood 🩸 pressure which they say is acceptably
    low when I lie or sit but drops considerably when I stand so now on blood pressure tablet for low blood pressure. Thankfully a heart monitor has ruled out any heart malfunction for this.

So now taking morphine tablets and oral morphine when pain gets too much. There are numerous other tablets as well on the kitchen table which looks like a pharmacy. I seem permanently tired 💤 and sleepy.

Hospital have loaned me a couple of zimmers for up and downstairs and my friend has got me from the mobility shop a zimmer type trolley with a couple of trays.

My neighbours and friends have been fantastic to me I have never ever had to ask for help before.

Regarding bone all I get told it takes time which when I was walking about normally about 6 weeks and now using a zimmer is hard to take. Trying not to use the aids all the time in case I get used to them.

Sorry if I have bored you witless won’t say anymore I don’t won’t to completely ruin your day 😜🤪 I really do have to remember there are people worse off than me.

Hi Rosie, sounds like youve been in the wars, back injuries can be a bit up and down for quite a while before they level out and you can get on with your life, dont push to hard to often, but do keep it mobile as much as you can is the general idea Im told. Ive got a great cure for low blood pressure, watch Ross Barkley "play" for an hour, mine was recorded heading towards 200/90 last time I did, apparently that makes me clinically dead according to the better half, I said no babe, thats Ross Get well soon.

Get well soon Rosie, that's really awful! Fingers crossed for a fast recovery for you x

Oh Rosie, you don't sound woe is me at all. That is really awful.

There will only ever be one poor person in the world who is in the position of not having anybody worse off than them, but that doesn't invalidate our experiences. In a different way I had to learn this year how hard it is to suddenly go from being physically active and independent to really struggling with the basics, and I didn't have to endure 6 weeks of the terrible pain that you are going through xx

Recovering good health really is a test of patience, especially when there is so little the medics can do. The best advice I can give is to focus on and celebrate the little triumphs - I know they can feel so small - but over time they add up.

You sound so determined with your resolve not to use your zimmer frame all the time. A real Villa lion

I'm glad your friends and neighbours are rallying round to help.

Would you like me to help out with the FL while you are so poorly? I'm a lot out of practice and I'm not so good with all the statistics that you so expertly provide, but I can make a poor girl's stab at it if it would help you out? I could do it from next gameweek?

We're here for you if you feel you want to talk.

You look after yourself. Love Winnie xxx

Many thanks Sam❤️and oldskool❤️

Thanks also Winnie,❤️ Oz,❤️ and AV.❤️

I was amazed where Eton Messi where in the Fantasy League the lads obviously haven’t missed me

Rosie I'm really sorry to hear of your troubles, do the medics know what has taken your BP so low? The good news I guess is that broken bones heal within a recognised amount of time so you have that to wrestle with rather than an open ended condition. Best wishes for a full and swift recovery/rehabilitation.

WCV x

Quote Originally Posted by MissWinnie View Post
    Oh Rosie, you don't sound woe is me at all. That is really awful.

There will only ever be one poor person in the world who is in the position of not having anybody worse off than them, but that doesn't invalidate our experiences. In a different way I had to learn this year how hard it is to suddenly go from being physically active and independent to really struggling with the basics, and I didn't have to endure 6 weeks of the terrible pain that you are going through xx

Recovering good health really is a test of patience, especially when there is so little the medics can do. The best advice I can give is to focus on and celebrate the little triumphs - I know they can feel so small - but over time they add up.

You sound so determined with your resolve not to use your zimmer frame all the time. A real Villa lion

I'm glad your friends and neighbours are rallying round to help.

Would you like me to help out with the FL while you are so poorly? I'm a lot out of practice and I'm not so good with all the statistics that you so expertly provide, but I can make a poor girl's stab at it if it would help you out? I could do it from next gameweek?

We're here for you if you feel you want to talk.

You look after yourself. Love Winnie xxx

Thanks Winnie for your kind words. ❤️

I haven’t been very brave I have cried with the pain when they took me in it was the most excruciating pain I have been in and when this low blood pressure and then wondering if it was my heart was the course of it there where more tears. Obviously medication 💊 is controlling it or perhaps fingers crossed 🤞 perhaps a small sign of recovery, but I don’t want to talk about it and make you all feel miserable.

With my season ending injury I would love you to write the updates Winnie❤️ and I am sure our other managers would as well. 👏👏👏👏👏

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)