+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Back to basics - the system that worked

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s almost as if the manager has been told to put him in the shop window for a transfer in the close season

I like the lad but he’s as much of a left back as I am an international babe magnet
    Putting him in the shop window as a left back makes about as much sense as putting a Faberge egg up for sale in the window at a Rotherham Poundstretcher.

I can’t see PW picking a side that hasn’t got Wiles in it
    He didn't pick him in the side against Reading , Bristol City , and Millwall recently . Just saying

Agree about wiles he has been burned out for a while. Give the poor bloke a rest ffs warney if you have other players available. He's done his bit this year.

Quote Originally Posted by redhouse View Post
    He didn't pick him in the side against Reading , Bristol City , and Millwall recently . Just saying
    Reading he played all of the match bar 15 minutes, we lost
    Bristol City he didn’t play, we won
    Millwall he played most of the second half, we lost

The lad isn’t the duracell bunny.

Sorry guys but for me the way to go into every game from now on is 343 and throw everything we have at the other team. We have to play for 3 points from now on otherwise were ****ed. 352 should have been played earlier in the season and would not be in this mess but hey ho warny knew 451 was the way to go ......NOT. Time for caution has come and gone.

Reading he played all of the match bar 15 minutes, we lost
    Bristol City he didn’t play, we won
    Millwall he played most of the second half, we lost

The lad isn’t the duracell bunny.
    I know all that I just thought you didn't after your original post

This will be more a test of character over systems.

A famous former manager said how many hearts have we got. You judge for yourself. Build midfield round Barlaser & Lindsay & go from there. Hoping a fit Ogbene can make a difference.

Robbo out. Why didn't we keep Cooper here? Wood he can't play 4 games in 8 days.

I'm not sure why Wiles seems to come in for more criticism than Barlaser. I cannot remember the last time Barlaser had a positive impact on a match. I believe that it is because without a fully fit Lindsay or Shaun Mac at the side of him he doesnt get enough of the ball or when he has it he doesn't have the time to spray it about.

I don't think this is necessarily his fault. Just that he is a luxury/flair player that is ineffective in the way we play.

Wiles on the other hand hasn't picked himself out of position. When he is asked to play wide or at full back he gets on with it. He has been dropped from the starting line up and when he came on at Preston for Jamie Lindsay he was excellent.

When can you say the same about Barlaser?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast